When Turtles Attack

stingray4540

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
california
First off, big fish eats little fish, reptile eats big fish, mamal eats reptile...or something like that, anyway get off your PETA soapbox, yea he probly will eat a few, ive had him for about 2 and a half years, he only hunts when hes hungy, when i see him hunting i give him turtle food.
:clap You said it man! Don't get me wrong, I love my fish and do everything I can to make them happy, but a fish is a fish, just like a dog is a dog and a cat is a cat. I keep fish as well as kill and eat them:drool: so I don't understand how some people will treat there fish (or other pets for that matter) better then they treat themselves.:screwy: That being said, I don't condone animal abuse of any kind.

StevePerry

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Reminds of a time I was cleaning up my turtle tank. If you ever get a funny lil' feeling that your turtle is about to bite you, he probably is. He's just a Red Earded Slider, but man that hurt.

paul112

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2006
United Kingdom
Judging by the color of the lamp, i'd say you dont have an ultraviolet. If you do, i aplogise, but your turtle needs a UVB lamp to bask under. A slider or painted needs atleast 5% UVB to get proper synthesis of vitamin D£ for calcium absorbation. UVA lamps are not needed, but UVB lighting usually come with around 30%UVA anyway.
Paul

StevePerry

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
I agree with the above post. Without UVB, they cannot process D3, or calcium. This can lead to shell rot. He looks healthy in the picture though. I wish you fish good luck, and wish the turtle happy hunting :woot:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store