Where’s the best place to buy worms for fish consumption

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Instead of buying them why not just start a worm farm? You'll know that they aren't gonna hurt your fish at least.

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I used to get mine at big 5 or Walmart. You can use these to start a worm farm. I tried my luck with a colony off of eBay and was severely disappointed in how small they all came. Nothing like the monster worms you get at the bait shops.

Natural Cyborg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2016
I used to get mine at big 5 or Walmart. You can use these to start a worm farm. I tried my luck with a colony off of eBay and was severely disappointed in how small they all came. Nothing like the monster worms you get at the bait shops.
You can buy them at a bait shop or call around to lfs like Petsuppliesplus,Petco,or Petsmart.
Instead of buying them why not just start a worm farm? You'll know that they aren't gonna hurt your fish at least.
Ok thanks for the suggestions

Reactions: tlindsey

stingrayguy

Dovii
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2005
Illinois
I just ordered from Wholesale Bait company, the crawlers came in great!

Reactions: tlindsey

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Culture red wiggler worms (AKA composting worms). It's way easier than night crawlers or earthworms, they're safe, nutritious and reproduce rapidly. I've had a bin in my fish room for years. In warm temps and lots of food (kitchen fruit, veggie and paper scraps), they can double monthly.

www.unclejimswormfarm.com is a great source for them.

cresnyk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2011
CLAYTON, NC
Canadiannightcrawlers.com

10+ orders. Never had an issue. Dependable. Nice big worms. Free shipping. Thank me later.

Reactions: cigars

Natural Cyborg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2016
Canadiannightcrawlers.com

10+ orders. Never had an issue. Dependable. Nice big worms. Free shipping. Thank me later.
Culture red wiggler worms (AKA composting worms). It's way easier than night crawlers or earthworms, they're safe, nutritious and reproduce rapidly. I've had a bin in my fish room for years. In warm temps and lots of food (kitchen fruit, veggie and paper scraps), they can double monthly.

www.unclejimswormfarm.com is a great source for them.
Thanks for the reply

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store