Where can I find D7000 in stock?

Cohazard

Arapaima
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I'm finally ready to buy my first DSLR and they seem to be out of stock everywhere! I'm definitely not settling for a refurb.

Cohazard

Arapaima
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
local best buy only had an open box available, out of stock on line and their warehouse, none available in any best buy, wow.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
i picked up mine from nikon showroom
lot of money being spent, so didn't want to depend on some third party seller

Cohazard

Arapaima
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I don't know of any nikon show rooms locally and i don't trust ebay at all.

I just got a call from Ritz Camera, they got in one kit and he is holding it for me till I get out of work.

What should I be looking for to make sure I'm not being swindled with an open box item?

Cohazard

Arapaima
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Man, my gut was right.

The box was in rough shape, had 'tape' tears on both sides, there was the clear imprint on top of the box it read 'customer service issues' which tells me that the cameras was probably a return.

Worst of all the nikon strap was missing from the box. They offered to give me a new padded strap for free, but I now feel cheated out of that 'new first DSLR' excitement.

The sales rep tried to reassure me that the item was new from there warehouse, and had only been removed to show a customer, well i don't buy it.

I think it is a return item (the protective film was not on the screen protector, the eye cup was already attached and had dust).

Do i give in to my impatience and buy it, or wait and keep scouring for a new one?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
don't buy if u think its used, because if you do, you will always have that nagging in the back of ur head that theres something wrong with this

Cohazard

Arapaima
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
headbanger_jib;117068; said:
don't buy if u think its used, because if you do, you will always have that nagging in the back of ur head that theres something wrong with this
You are 100% right.

Yesterday, I kept searching for more camera stores in SoCal and came across 'instocknow.com' or something like that.

Did a quick search for d7000 kit and it turns out best buy is the only place with stock, and they JUST got them yesterday!

Wow.

So i went to best buy after work, put in the special order to have it shipped to the store (no shipping costs :D ) and picked up a lowepro bag, uv filter, extra battery, 16g card, and a sunpak 66" tripod.

I need to do a little more research, but plan to get a macro lens and flash fairly soon.

I'll be picking up my first DSLR on 06/18/12, can't wait :)

Cohazard

Arapaima
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
chonhzilla;117078; said:
Congrats on your first dslr. Now its to time to learn shutter speeds vs fstops vs iso.

Sent from my Skyrocket using MonsterAquaria

Exactly, do you have any links that I can read? I thought the articles/essay subforum would have more there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store