Where did I go wrong...

florencejr11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2015
Fresno
Ever since I did a black out theme on my tank my fish haven't been right. Just lost my grammodes who's been with me since i started again in this hobby.

What can happen in a matter of 2-3 hrs? Is my question I ask myself. Sunday is when I started this project it took anywhere from 2-3 hrs to complete.

I set up a temporary tank for my fish since I was going to be remodeling the tank. Used the same water, filter, and heater from my tank along as decor. These guys were eating before this and to make it even more confusing is during this project I walked over to the temporary tank threw in some pellets and even treated them worms they ate them.. right in front of me. Pellets are omega one by the way. Now when the paint had dried and I finish changing the substrate I used the same water in the temporary tank and filled the rest up with Dechlorinated and condition water. I used prime also. That was Sunday. They were fine first day didn't offer food cause I wanted to enjoy the look for the night and plus they had worms earlier.

Monday...i was still admiring my tank so I didn't feed in the morning. Gave them a afternoon feeding they didn't even eat all the pellets. Thought to myself maybe they're getting used to the tank. Didn't feed the rest of the day. The fish are still doing fine swimming around being active.

Tuesday... I go back to work on Tuesday's so mostly feed them before I go.. Instead of pellets I decided to treat them with night crawlers.. 1 each.. The red devilor the grammodes didn't budge.. they just kept swimming. Removed the worms after 20 mins. Come home from work to find a dying twitching grammodes with a sunken belly.

What did I do wrong ? I really don't think it was a parasite cause this all happened way too fast . Was it stress? Too much black?

663E2403-431B-4E6B-9E88-6B3C68EB8422.jpeg

43A95025-7F38-4F6E-95C1-8B864C2A8EAC.jpeg

F7ABC951-0DE8-47E9-B2A5-EB3B498F3312.jpeg

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
What substrate did you use?
Some of the coal slag products literally need to be 'washed' because they have oils on them. Jexnell Jexnell used a Petco black product that I know he had issues with.

florencejr11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2015
Fresno
What substrate did you use?
Some of the coal slag products literally need to be 'washed' because they have oils on them. Jexnell Jexnell used a Petco black product that I know he had issues with.
I used imagitarium

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I used imagitarium

Reactions: florencejr11

florencejr11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2015
Fresno
Ouch that sucks I gotta get in contact with him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store