Where Do You Guys Get Such Big Aquariums?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
And the 225 glass from Custom Aquariums. Angle shot of fish room which has a funky trapezoid shape. To the left are the two 40 gallon tanks housing bps Kong and Tango. You know who that is in the middle!

View attachment 1512590
That Oscar makes that 225 look like a 125....big boy.

Reactions: FINWIN and ken31cay

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
That Oscar makes that 225 look like a 125....big boy.
Yes he is! My original plan was to have the tank at 36" height getting it to around 240-250ish gallons but the ceiling abutment overhead prevented that. I'm tall so it wouldn't work. I use a small stepladder to work over the tank and I have to bend to avoid a concussion on one side. The stand is around 29" in height. If the tank were at 36" I would have had it lower, maybe no higher than 26-27 ish.

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
I like the way you've basically built a wall support of blocks there. Reminds me of a basement in school. How many blocks is that? Are they glued or stacked?
Thanks. It's a rectangular block enclosure w/ an opening on the far side such that I can get underneath although being under the tank occasionally reminds me that I have made wiser choices in my time. There are roughly 90-100 blocks in that foundation and they are not glued. I wrestled w/ that quite a bit as I live in a seismic zone 4 region. The filled tank weighs several tons and tectonic plates weigh more so there is some risk. Hope is a poor strategy but it's the strategy I've got.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store