Where to buy a mirror for grooming a flowerhorn?

Flowerhorn friend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2018
I was wondering if everyone buys they’re mirrors for grooming their fish. I need one for both of my Flowerhorns. Please mark any websites that sell mirrors.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I use compact discs that sucked for mirrors. If the tank is level they will just sit on the outside bottom rim of the frame.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Do the mirrors really do that much? I have used them before but I didn’t notice any significant changes from it. He would flare up and show off his colors but would go back to begging for food after. I suppose overtime the fish would achieve it’s potential with color, aggressiveness, or hump size based on genetics through simple proper care. So is this necessary? Personally I think not. Maybe it could help bring out aggression in younger or shy flowerhorn but even then the flowerhorn will eventually come out of its shell either way. Thoughts?

Flowerhorn friend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2018
Do the mirrors really do that much? I have used them before but I didn’t notice any significant changes from it. He would flare up and show off his colors but would go back to begging for food after. I suppose overtime the fish would achieve it’s potential with color, aggressiveness, or hump size based on genetics through simple proper care. So is this necessary? Personally I think not. Maybe it could help bring out aggression in younger or shy flowerhorn but even then the flowerhorn will eventually come out of its shell either way. Thoughts?
Thanks for mentioning it. I was just trying to groom my Flowerhorn. Any other techniques you use?

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
It does assert the fish's dominance for sure. He fights the "other fish", other fish is bested and fish leaves (pulled the mirror) so fh has technically defended his territory and feels like a badass. If anything it gives a solitary fish some interaction with "other fish".

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Thanks for mentioning it. I was just trying to groom my Flowerhorn. Any other techniques you use?
It does assert the fish's dominance for sure. He fights the "other fish", other fish is bested and fish leaves (pulled the mirror) so fh has technically defended his territory and feels like a badass. If anything it gives a solitary fish some interaction with "other fish".
Thank you. That’s definitely a good reason.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
While there may be some benefit from using a mirror, I would recommend not to over do it -- too much mirror time could result in an over-stressed fish. Too much stress = health problems.

Reactions: HybridFinatic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store