Where to find aquarium stands that won't break the bank

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Hi guys, I'm getting ready to move in to a new house and thinking about taking this opportunity and upgrading my one 90 gallon I have to a 125.

I've looked at petsmart and saw their tank and stand combos but the stands just look cheap. I'm looking to find somewhere to get a stand without spending a ton of money but also want it to be nice. I am not looking at building a stand or buying a stand someone else built at home.

Checked Craigslist and got nada at the moment. Any websites you would suggest?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Have you tried your local blacksmith /engineering company, there's a few round my way that will knock up a steel stand pretty cheap.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Most home built ones look nicer and are a lot stronger than pet store ones. You can customize it to whatever style you like and still won't cost an arm and leg like pet store ones. But to answer your question, Craigslist it is.

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
I would also advocate for building one. I just built my first one recently. $42 and im pretty happy with it.

Reactions: jvc66

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have sworn off acrylic tanks. You would honestly be better off going with low iron glass. I'm so tired of staring at scratches and crazing in my acrylic tanks. Glass will be more durable, cheaper, and can even be dismantled and the remantled if need be. The only thing acrylic has over glass is weight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store