Where to find Wild caught arowana

Bbg81018

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2018
Does anyone know where a good seller who has wild caught black aros.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Try predatory fins. They had some. Aqua-imports has wild caught aros.

Reactions: tlindsey

Bbg81018

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2018
None on predatory and it looks like they dont have any in stock at aqua imports thankyou so much for the help though!

Reactions: tlindsey

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
Monster usually has them, I grabbed one from there, but I haven’t had the best luck with fish from there. The only fish I bought at monster aquarium that has survived is my orino peacock bass. I bought a silver there and it grew to about 18” from November until 2 weeks ago and then one morning he was dead in PERFECT condition with what looked like his lungs or something on the bottom of the tank. So something weird was going on inside of him I’m thinking

Bbg81018

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2018
Monster usually has them, I grabbed one from there, but I haven’t had the best luck with fish from there. The only fish I bought at monster aquarium that has survived is my orino peacock bass. I bought a silver there and it grew to about 18” from November until 2 weeks ago and then one morning he was dead in PERFECT condition with what looked like his lungs or something on the bottom of the tank. So something weird was going on inside of him I’m thinking
Ok got it i saw one at my local store but it didnt seem to great in quality but it was fairly cheap. i debated getting it but i was just lik hey if im gonna get one i might as well spent a bit more money for a nicer quality.

Reactions: RD.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Is there a reason you want a wild caught one? As for where to get a black arowana, just look around at local fish stores and online to see when one becomes available

Bbg81018

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2018
Is there a reason you want a wild caught one? As for where to get a black arowana, just look around at local fish stores and online to see when one becomes available
I have noticed that the wild caught ones look much nicer(keep the black longer and are darker) they also have nicer genes so they are less likely to get drop eye

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store