which injection for growing hump

aniketvaze74

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2011
india
i know that some breeder use some type of injection to grow the hump .i want to know what is that and how to inject that.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
Clean water will give your FH the hump.. NO injection needed.

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Oh god. Your thread got deleted and you made another one?

@Mshill, while you are somewhat correct, genetics is the main factor. Forgetting that "low grade" Flowerhorns don't get humps? XD I'm only teasing..

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
No amount of clean water, magical BIG hump head food, or anything else will cause your fish to grow a large nuchal hump, if the genetics aren't there.

To the OP - breeders don't inject anything into their fish.
Any hormones that are used to artificially enhance a fish are typically used to enhance the fishes color, and are either added to the feed, or to the tank water, not via a needle. A common practice in many parts of Asia, with many species of cichlids.

24languran

Feeder Fish
Aug 17, 2011
Jupiter
hammer or a big rock to hit his head.. jk :popcorn:

1.Water quality is a VITAL

2.High quality fish staple pellet for chiclid.. not for goldfish etc.. they will eat anything.. but there's a different diet for carnivorous and herbivorous..
e.g Hikari chiclid staple,gold,bio-gold+,Hikari jumbostick,grand sumo,New life spectrum(NLS),tetra color chiclid,Sera flowerhorn,ocean free xo humphead,starry,sysred etc
there's many theory bout feeding anyway.. there's people like to garlic+multivitamin+ocean free "fish beautifier"+any pellet --' the conclusion is just give a suit diet with lots vitamin for your flowerhorn requirement..

3.Shrimp/krill/salmon meat occasionally(I know it is for color since shrimp/krill contain astaxanthin but still it is good source of natural protein also)

there's many thing you may find information from internet..

somehow..as I practical with this kind of fish more than 15yrs..there's a lot of theory like do nuchal hump exercise by using mirror to make them angry(stress) or give another flowerhorn next to another(using clear glass as divider)to make his kok grow(dominant fish article)but for me..it is cause of genetic and water quality(water quality is a key to success in fish hobbies)but still you can make your flowerhorn to reach his optimum potential if you did a good care with your flowerhorn..

I got three 3'' zz flowerhorn and daily I just give them not really too special food "chiclid gold and staple'' and I do keep 25% water changes weekly.. I do like the way their nuchal hump.. it's like I just see an adult grown flowerhorn with a round nuchal hump..

conclusion
*check water quality with sufficient supplement from food and make them energetic recognize(like a puppy wagging his tail) you as a owner is much better profilic than a big kok but not even recognize you as the owner hehehe.. peace:headbang2

dreysthename

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2011
NYC
ok this isnt funny now. why do my posts keep getting deleted? i didn't even say anything that was wrong?

dreysthename

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2011
NYC
i had the third comment on this post...WTH!!!??? no explanation, no notification, nothing....this is like the 3rd time

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
i had the third comment on this post...WTH!!!??? no explanation, no notification, nothing....this is like the 3rd time
I didn't even see it ever get posted, and I have instant email notification..

I would ask a mod.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store