which puffer is best for a 55 gallon?

dmond31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2009
baytown
congo and hairy puffer are both on aquabid right now. They are both kind of hard to find. there is a guy on there with the id of Wetspotcx. I have had good luck with him. I bought two three puffer from him and they have been grezt each time

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
the 18inches is whats going to cause problems, considering these fish top out at around 18+ inches... i think thats the main reason for a 125, being that it has a front to back length of 24inches...

So in other words, i would seriously try and get something with at least 24 inches front to back, and no less than about 4 -5ft long... otherwise your puff may have a hard time turning around as it gets older causing problems...

RedBellyRhen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Michigan
Just get 11 pea puffers!!!! They are super active have tons of personality and are as cute as a button!!!!!!!

dark_knights_99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Philippines
RedBellyRhen;4190704; said:
Just get 11 pea puffers!!!! They are super active have tons of personality and are as cute as a button!!!!!!!
make it 20 pea puffers for that matter, then make it a planted tank, then add some otocinclus or kuhli loach. That would be cool! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store