Which species puffer is this?

Tomal

Feeder Fish
Feb 17, 2012
WA, USofA
So, I got these puffers from the LFS and the guy said that they were DP. 5 months later they were almost three inches long and it was painfully obvious that they were not DP! I loved these little puffers. They were fed brine shrimp daily, snails once a week and glass shrimp every two weeks. Towards the end of the fourth month they were showing signs of increasing distress. Two weeks ago they laid down on the bottom of the tank and couldn't even be coaxed up to eat their favorite treats. Three days ago, they died...The only thing i could think of was that me, not knowing what species they were, denied them something they needed to survive.Throughout this whole time I've been going through Wikipedia's puffer list and Google searching each and every name. From the list I thought they were Takifugu Poecilonotus (finepatterned puffer), but It was suggested to me that they could've been Chelonodon Patoca (milkspotted puffer). (The attached pic is of one of my puffers about a week before he died) :(I would really like to know what species they are and what I did wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. CameraZOOM-20120212190205885.jpgThanks,Jessie

CameraZOOM-20120212190205885.jpg

Tomal

Feeder Fish
Feb 17, 2012
WA, USofA
The main reason these puffers did not survive is that they are not FW puffers....they are marine.
That sucks that all i would have had to do is add salt to the tank... to tide them over until i could get a proper tank set up for them.
At least I know what went wrong

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Takifugu niphobles.

Tomal

Feeder Fish
Feb 17, 2012
WA, USofA
Oh geez.. now i can't decide between those three..
Well here's my other two pics of the puffers.
Maybe you can see the markings better

CameraZOOM-20120212190132609.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120212190148227.jpg

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Or try: Chelonodon Patoca (Milk Spotted Puffer).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store