White, fluffy poo

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
I am finding white poo in my 125. I read about white stringy poo being caused by parasites such as Hexamita. I haven't really read anything about white poo that is anywhere from normal shape to a tad fluffy, which is what I am finding. I assume I am dealing with internal parasites. Is that a safe assumption?

I have been told PraziPro is a good internal parasite med. Does this stuff treat all internal parasites? I couldn't find a lot of info on it.

Thanks in advance.

msjinkzd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
pa
How long have you had teh fish? What kind of fish? What are you feeding?

I would not automatically assume intestinal parasites.

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
zthe tank has been set up for a few years. I bought a Lapradei a few months ago. He stopped eating and started having trouble breathing and died like a month ago. I noticed white poop in the tank the day he died. Just in the last couple of weeks, my IT stopped eating and got very cloudy eyes and very pale. He, just like the Lap, was having trouble swimming (the lap had gotten cloudy eyes too). I moved him to a hospital tank for about a week, but he was suffering so much that I put him down. Before I moved the IT to the hospital tank, I treated the 125 with those Jungle Parasite tablets. Obviously, this didn't help the IT at all, and I am still finding white poo.

The tank has a lot of bichirs, a NGT, an Argentea, a GT, an Odoe, and a lima. I think the white poop is coming from the NGT. He pretty much just eats frozen shrimp and krill.

Every time I test my water, it is ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate 10ppm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store