White germs in my arowana tank please help !!!

Swaroop gadekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2019
Pune,India.
Hey guys, there are white germs in my arowana tank . These are moving on the glass , white in colour , and increasing day by day.are they dangerous for my arowana . Or how to kill themm please help me1363916

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; At least two things come to mind. One is these white critters are likely hydra. If so that would indicate some sort of poor water from overfeeding or some such.
Second is the water is very cloudy. I can barley make out the fish in the cloudy water. Again very possible from overfeeding. What ever the cause the cloudy water is often a sign of a bacterial bloom.

If you have the test kits knowing the three basic water conditions should help. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

My first guess is the tank needs to be maintained differently. May be only more waterchange (WC) but very likely several things will need to be changed.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I dont havie test kit . But what should do now please help me....
Hello; Please bear in mind this is a wild guess because there is not enough information given so far. There are two things that may help and have not too much risk.
First and safest is to stop feeding for a few days. Then cut back on the food a lot. Even to the point of always lite feeding only once a day and three fasting days each week.

Next is to step up the volume and frequency of the WC. There is some risk to bigger WC if you have not been doing them before. Say do a 20% WC today. A 20% WC tomorrow. A 40% WC the next day and 40% the day after. Keep increasing the % until you are doing say 75% three days a week. A lot I know but my best guess with the info you have provided.

Give more information and I or others may have better suggestions.

Swaroop gadekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2019
Pune,India.
Hello; Please bear in mind this is a wild guess because there is not enough information given so far. There are two things that may help and have not too much risk.
First and safest is to stop feeding for a few days. Then cut back on the food a lot. Even to the point of always lite feeding only once a day and three fasting days each week.

Next is to step up the volume and frequency of the WC. There is some risk to bigger WC if you have not been doing them before. Say do a 20% WC today. A 20% WC tomorrow. A 40% WC the next day and 40% the day after. Keep increasing the % until you are doing say 75% three days a week. A lot I know but my best guess with the info you have provided.

Give more information and I or others may have better suggestions.
Thanks brother I'll try it

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store