Will aquasoil do the work?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Ok guys here’s we are
Some of you might have seen my last posts like diy root tabs
So what happened is my plants started turning brown only in sand I added diy root tabs and one of the is showing good growth but others are not good
To day the amazon dileveries are resumed so I ordered aquasoil
So I wanted to ask wether the aquasoil will do the work or I will have to add some other things with aquasoil for lush green plants?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Deadeye

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The Aqua soil will definitely be better than sand. Plants will do better. May still need root tabs for heavy root feeding plants.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
The Aqua soil will definitely be better than sand. Plants will do better. May still need root tabs for heavy root feeding plants.
Thank you dude

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
Sands are no good for plants with heavy roots. Aquasoil with high lights def helps. If you want lush fast growing. Get a co2 tank. U can grow pretty much anything

Reactions: Punjabiking1500

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
So what happened is my plants started turning brown only in sand I added diy root tabs and one of the is showing good growth but others are not good
We only discussed diy root tabs a week ago!
You have made some, added them and are expecting to see good growth all within a week???
In my humble opinion I am afraid your expectations appear to be somewhat high.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Growing in sand is a no win situation most of the time. What kind of Aqua soil are you thinking about? Some are packed full of fertilizers and nutrients, while others are, for the most part, inert.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
We only discussed diy root tabs a week ago!
You have made some, added them and are expecting to see good growth all within a week???
In my humble opinion I am afraid your expectations appear to be somewhat high.
Yeah, but that white sand he is planting in is going to be a tough job, root tabs or not.....

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Will depend what he tries to grow.
Anything that takes most of its nutrients out of the water will be fine and fare well in sand. Anything with a strong root system, will tend to struggle more in sand.
That said, the below is sand based, no fertilisers or root tabs and yet vallis doing fine in an inch of sand and with four hoplo cats constantly rooting. E6EF3C35-1A8E-4450-B916-7D0089D7E32A.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just keep in mind changing out substrate and replanting will lead to some more wilting. So don’t change it out again after aquasoil but wait it out.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
"That said, the below is sand based, no fertilisers or root tabs and yet vallis doing fine in an inch of sand and with four hoplo cats constantly rooting."

Yes, and that tank looks very nice!
However, that is not a valid comparison:
Your tank has been set up for a good while, and there is sand + a lot of mulm and materials the plants are benefitting from (not to mention the ammonia produced by the fish, and the other nitrogenous compounds produced by the bacteria. In the OP's tank, the sand is brand new ('clean') and there is very little else. n addition, very little time has passed to assess the benefits of the various treatments attempted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store