Will Halloween be Canceled?

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Say it isn’t so!
32AAA09F-A07E-4F77-AAF0-039C7B3C3606.jpeg

We did not have very many trick-or-treaters here last year and I expect this year to see about zero.

Reactions: dr exum

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I doubt very much it will get cancelled in the context that governments are going to come out with a statement telling people they must not go out. That seems daft.

However, I suspect that....

1. The numbers of people who do actually go out door to door will fall consideraby compared to a "normal" Halloween.

2. And those dwindling numbers of participants will almost certainly see a great reduction in the amount of residents who actually open their doors to them. Especially the vulnerable.

So I think it may still go on but will turn into a big let down.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I also think it will be a let down even if not ordered not to occur. Too many people will not feel safe, both among the givers and the takers. We don't have kids (anymore) but we always give lots of candy. Don't know what to do this year.

That is a very cool rear view of a sweet ride machine!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
It is a holiday. I don't think the government can just shut down a holiday with ease. I hope it goes on, because, me being 12, I want some FREE CANDY!!!! Last 3 years, I was a bowl of ramen lol.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I live in a rural area. My neighbors a couple houses over are farmers. Some of their crops include pumpkins, squash and such. For the eleven years I have lived near them they have been selling pumpkins and halloween stuff such as corn shocks out of their yard. Their yard like mine fronts a busy highway so they have a good spot.
This last year we have gotten lots of rain so they have some good pumpkins this season. When they started setting up a couple weeks ago I walked over and asked the question, will there be a halloween? They have gotten a lot of orders for their pumpkins from retailers and the roadside part of their business is going strong. I have watched lots of folks buying pumpkins and other stuff.

One answer seems to be that around here kids do not go house to house so much and never have. In eleven years I have had only three trick or treaters and that was from folks I know. Around here the churches set up so the kids can do the trick or treat at their locations. I do not know how that works as I have never attended.
My brother lives in a small town about six miles away right on the main street. He gets lots of trick or treaters every year. I have not heard anything yet about this year.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
S skjl47 , that is interesting. But seriously, you should go to your brother's house (if you are quarantining with him) and enjoy the hilarious costumes of trick or treaters.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
The government cannot cancel Halloween, at best they can order a stay at home order. Fak’in stupid.

I am planning for trick or treaters this year. I’m planning to put a bucket of treats with a sign posted in hope people can use the honour system. If not at least I tried.
07BCA6D9-6E41-4CCD-B1BC-4D9C3FDB3AB9.jpeg
It’s no more dangerous than kids going back to school. (In my area social distancing has been removed in schools only).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store