Woke up this afternoon & noticed my green terror is covered in white cottonlike spots. Never seen this before. He otherwise seems fine

aibarra43

Feeder Fish
Dec 3, 2022
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
15ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Pretty sure it's ich since it looks like my clown loach is the same but looking for advice. Added filter from top tank after deep cleaning but that tank had goldfish with illness & just wasn't thinking and needed quick extra filtration now feeling so stupid & so upset rt now. Just thought of this as was posting & saw clown loach in same condition 🤔 🥺

16701124946552760303705075139433.jpg

16701125791927368232008266122143.jpg

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Pretty sure it's ich since it looks like my clown loach is the same but looking for advice. Added filter from top tank after deep cleaning but that tank had goldfish with illness & just wasn't thinking and needed quick extra filtration now feeling so stupid & so upset rt now. Just thought of this as was posting & saw clown loach in same condition 🤔 🥺

View attachment 1508072

View attachment 1508073
That’s ich, I’d dose aquarium salt and boost the temp up to 83°

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I’d do weekly water changes
And to get rid of the ich bump up the temperature in the 80s and add aquarium salt

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

aibarra43

Feeder Fish
Dec 3, 2022
Ty already added salt need a new heater getting that tomorrow to bump temp knew that was a must for ich also added Mardel moved clown loach to his own tank as he can only recieve half doses of this treatment really hoping all this works been here before & successful 👍 hoping so again just wasn't sure if it was ich or not & didn't want to treat for wrong thing. Will increase water changes as well. Also know need a better filtration system & some plants in here as well. Working on it just got back from vacation & this was on my to do list. Was almost certain once saw my clown loach but just thought some advice was still helpful as they mean so much to me & while I know a lot it's been a minute since I have had my hands deep in this & don't know it all of course. Again ty ty ty 💗 😊 🙏

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Any type of salt will do. I use non-iodized. Higher temps increase the rate the ich will go through their reproductive process and turn into tomites. The stage where the salt can kill them. 3lbs/ 100 gallons.
Most do the treatment for 2 weeks to make sure the ich is irradicated.
Salt will kill live plants so I would hold off on the live plants.

Reactions: tlindsey

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Malachite green

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store