Wolffish, Ery Ery

Fate2006

Feeder Fish
Feb 28, 2007
at home
Hey can anybody give me information on this wonderful species? I want to get one and I know they require high filtration levels but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Thank much in advance.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
They are known to be very aggressive even though they are the less aggressive species of the "wolves". They are also one of the more active species of "wolves". They eat meaty foods, they can breathe air, and they look wicked. There have been several posts on this species lately, take a look around :D

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
said to be less aggressive then the common wolf but still can be pretty aggressive they don't need heavy filtration but good filtration and large water changes are recomended

they will get to around 8'' they are also said to be more active then the common wolf but still can do there share of loafing around a 29 gallon tank would be about the smallest you could get away with but a 40 gallon breeder would be best but bigger is all ways better

like said they along with a few other fish have the ability to gulp air when in water with little oxygen they do come up for air some what often and have been we'll know to jump so make sure your tank has a good lid on it with no holes for it to jump out of

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
activity depends on individual fish.
ive kept some that move and never stop.
ive kept some that never move.
they are more water senstive than other wolffish.
not too aggressive to anything that doesnt look like them.
get to around 8 inches,sometimes more.
and grow very slow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store