wonderful new source of info for snake keepers!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
My wife just sent this to me, and I found it to be such a treasure-trove of data that I just had to share it with you all. I haven't had snakes in awhile, but was once an avid keeper and breeder, so you can imagine how impressed I was with how much new knowledge has been accrued since my early snake days. Enjoy!

By the way, you may be overwhelmed with awe and wonder at how much you are learning when you read the first few paragraphs, but don't take a break...this just gets better and better as you progress through it. Read it all! :ROFL:

You're welcome! :)

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I don’t think my life will ever be the same. I didn’t think there was really more than just species relatedness differences.
But the question that needs to be asked is how an anaconda fits in there…

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Well, an anaconda is a boa rather than a python...but he doesn't explain whether it is a carnivorous boa or one of those amazing herbivorous boas he talks about... :nilly:

And yet...a person who knows nothing about snakes will find this, read it, feel they have learned a great deal...and then argue with you if you attempt to set them straight, because you're just "a guy", but they read it on...the internet!!! :(

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well i've just recently taken full responsibility of my sons corn snake, which I know diddly squat about. One thing I've discovered though, it doesn't get it's yellow colouring from eating corn, it seems to hate the stuff!

No, I don't think I'm cut out for corn snakes, but after perusing over that invaluable information on boas and pythons, I think I am ready to plunge head first into the world of serious reptiles.

Thanks for that John!?

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Possibly - probably written by AI bot. Many online articles are these days.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Possibly - probably written by AI bot. Many online articles are these days.
I just noticed this response; thank you for attempting to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century, but I'd barely gotten comfortable with the 20th, so it's likely a lost cause. :)

I had no idea there were internet articles written by computers rather than by people. None. I was still reeling from the recent shock of learning that some foreign-language articles were translated entirely by computers, giving them a certain unique...flavour...:)

So, based upon the quality of "information" presented by this "bot"...would this mean that AI actually stands for Artificial Ignorance? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store