Wondering what to stock odd shape tank with

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I have two 48 inch by 10 inch by 24 inch tanks. With 24 inches being the width.
Wondering if I am house a few Scobinancistrus or Pseudacanthicus. I know that Pseudacanthicus are a bit feisty so not sure about more than one. I will furnish the tank with a lot of driftwood and caves.
Wondering if this would be ok

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Are you talking about the zoo med 50 gallon low boy? I'm planning on buying atleast 4 to put in a rack and use as bristlenose growouts

Reactions: Matteus

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
It's fine if you're adding small Scobinancistrus or Pseudas. If going to big ones I probably wouldn't do more than one or two.

For what it's worth, I have about a 12" L14 and a 10" L253. The Scobis fight more than my Pseudas. That may vary fish to fish. My 6" L600 is definitely a bit of a bully.

Reactions: Killduv

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It's fine if you're adding small Scobinancistrus or Pseudas. If going to big ones I probably wouldn't do more than one or two.

For what it's worth, I have about a 12" L14 and a 10" L253. The Scobis fight more than my Pseudas. That may vary fish to fish. My 6" L600 is definitely a bit of a bully.
Thanks for the answer, Strange that the Scobis fight a lot more than the Pseudas. I will think to put a few L501 in the tank instead. First have to find them hahahaha.

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
I should probably clarify my statement a bit.

My Scobis, especial my big female 253, tend to chase each other around a lot more than the pseudas. Both are pretty territorial and the 253 has no problems chasing other plecos if they're someplace she doesn't want them.

My pseudas vary. The LDA07s and L600 are mean and do fight. Their fight stay between them and never seem to involve other species. I also have a pair of L24, a large L25 and L96 (might be forgetting some). Those ones are all pretty mellow. My L25, which is my second largest pleco is extremely peaceful. I don't know if any of their behaviors are the norm or just the specific fish.

Basically some of my pseudas (not all) will absolutely fight and fight hard - just with each other.
The Scobis tend to do more aggressive chasing, which isn't isolated to each other.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store