www.facebook.com
tsfemale.JPG

The female one that spawned this time

tspair.JPG

The pair

tsspawn.JPGtsegg4.JPG

Spawned Eggs

tsegg3.JPGtsegg2.JPGtsegg.JPG
Fertilized eggs, you can see the embryos are developing.

World first breeding report of Polypterus senegalus "Lake Turkana" from my friend "Healing Aqua" in Korea.

By their breeding report, Polypterus senegalus "Lake Turkana" has much bigger eggs than regular senegalus from west africa and spawn just a little number of eggs at once.
The size of egg are about 1.5 times bigger than the eggs of Nigerian senegalus egg which is almost same size with Polypterus bichir eggs.

The female that spawn this time was about 39cm but lay only about 100 eggs at once and this is not usual for senegalus.
There was a breeding report of Nigerian senegalus about 25cm that spawn about 1500 eggs at once by Healing aqua more than 10 years ago.

The fertilization are confirmed now so i'm very excited to see how these F1's will grow and try to breed my pair too.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
so cool. can we get some parameters? and did this dude make use of dropping temperatures?
Or how did they start breeding? (does it have to be influenced by rain or drying up or..)

Reactions: KingLou

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
so cool. can we get some parameters? and did this dude make use of dropping temperatures?
Or how did they start breeding? (does it have to be influenced by rain or drying up or..)
If he's the only one that's done it I doubt he's sharing parameters for a while until he's made good money haha

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
I don't have any date about breeding of this species either unless it's very difficult.

Reactions: tlindsey and neko1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store