Zack cloutier

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2015
Massachusetts
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So in the last 2 weeks I’ve added two fish to my tank, some pieces of driftwood and a couple plants. Today I’ve notice three of these worm like things. They don’t seem to be alive but they are about 3/4 of an inch, one is curled in a circle and the other two I’ve seen are S shaped. I don’t know what they are or could be. Maybe some hitchhikers off the plants? Could they have come out of dry driftwood? Could one of the new fish I introduced have a parasite and this is the adult form trying to spread to the rest of my fish?

Another thought I had and definitely the most optimistic one is that the plants I have added are not doing well.Dying and breaking apart floating all around. Could this just be dead plant matter and my brain wants to make this seem worse then it is?

any help or advice is appreciated!

E23C8024-8E90-4684-B2DB-03B112B0CB28.jpeg

364CE1A5-1DE6-44EC-98FD-157D2068197D.jpeg

Zack cloutier

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2015
Massachusetts
I’d like to add that I’ve only noticed them on the driftwood itself. Both on new additions and one that’s been in the tank for roughly a year.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hard to make out with the pics. Could have come in with plants/driftwood. Would watch and keep an eye on the fish.

Zack cloutier

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2015
Massachusetts
I know the pics suck, I’ll try to get a better one. All the fish seem totally healthy, even the new ones eating and getting along great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store