Worst fish keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I didnt listen to the whole commentary but cichlids fighting is pretty natural. The liplocking struggles are just territorial competitions. Ime you start worrying when one of the fish begins chasing and targeting the body, vital areas of other fish and taking out chunks of flesh.

While he certainly is a little irresponsible with his fish, and though that poor clown loach is absolutely saturated with ich, i wouldnt say hes the worst fishkeeper.

• Haha
Reactions: fishhead0103666

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I didnt listen to the whole commentary but cichlids fighting is pretty natural. The liplocking struggles are just territorial competitions. Ime you start worrying when one of the fish begins chasing and targeting the body, vital areas of other fish and taking out chunks of flesh.

While he certainly is a little irresponsible with his fish, and though that poor clown loach is absolutely saturated with ich, i wouldnt say hes the worst fishkeeper.
Ya the loach has ich, the FH and Festae have wounds and he thinks they just need to establish dominance.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Man that's just sad, I had to sign in to YT to tell the guy what a POS he is. I also reported the video to YouTube as being animal abuse.
Good, I normally don’t do this type of thing, but this guy’s stupidity p***** me off.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Not that it matters but that looks like a Mayan to me.
Not that this guy would know the difference.
The title kinda pisses me off. Red terror vs flowerhorn LOL ? Really these fish totally infested with Ich, fins frayed fighting and you post” Laugh out loud” what the hell is wrong with people.
It’s just sad.
Hopefully he has moved on or learned some things about fish keeping since the video

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
While this is reprehensible, I don't find this any worse than the people who keep too large of fish, in too small tanks, or not doing sufficient water changes, and prolonging the torture.
These fish may die sooner than later, so not as lengthy a torture.
Mayan's have been called Red Terror longer than festae have, so the term is no more a misnomer than any oxymoronic names like green texas for carpintus, or yellow convict for A. nanoluteus, just sayin.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
While this is reprehensible, I don't find this any worse than the people who keep too large of fish, in too small tanks, or not doing sufficient water changes, and prolonging the torture.
These fish may die sooner than later, so not as lengthy a torture.
Mayan's have been called Red Terror longer than festae have, so the term is no more a misnomer than any oxymoronic names like green texas for carpintus, or yellow convict for A. nanoluteus, just sayin.
I guess it depends on what you mean by too small of a tank. If you’re talking about someone keeping an Oscar in a 55, then I would say this guy with his ich infested tank, FH with clown loaches, peacocks, and a torn up red terror with zero understanding of fish keeping is worse.....this guys bichir tank is clean and the fish are healthy although the tank is clearly too small

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
The issue of animal cruelty is somewhat ambiguous amongst fishkeepers in my view. People often humanize the fish, likening the 55 gallon tank for an oscar to the size of a closet for a human. Then in a separate discussion, the same people will encourage "training" a fish to exclusively eat dessicated, processed food pellets by means of starving the fish for weeks. I'll bet most people aren't using this method on their children...

Before i get jumped on all im saying is i wish we as a community would cool it with the "animal abuse" rhetoric. Im not advocating anything the guy in the video is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store