Would like opinions on this fish

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I purchased this fish and there are a few missing characteristics I thought I would see for what is was told it was but would like to get some other opinions. So let me know what your thoughts are. Don’t want to taint opinions so I will not say yet what I was told.
Regardless I like the fish.

23583ECE-D61B-4799-9056-EF0EECD31CBC.jpeg

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Nice fish but I personally have no idea what it is. What is it supposed to be or what was it sold as?

Reactions: tlindsey

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Placidochromis jalo reef female?
Perhaps. But I know peacock and hap females are a drap grayish/brownish color. At least all the ones that I'm aware of. So my personal conclusion is that if this an african cichlid then it is a mixed breed fish.

Reactions: Milingu

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Jalo reef may actually be the closest fish that I have seen that matches mine. So I was in a LFS few weeks back and they had just unloaded these from a shipment into a tank. I was told that it was a dragons blood peacock. Some of the other fish in the tank had a decent amount of orange but I liked the all white look so I purchased. While the fish was in QT I started to think something wasn’t quite right. The dragons blood that I have seen in the past all had striations on the tail fin or at least some form of pattern. I also feel like it is taller than most dragons blood I see. Regardless. I like the fish, I assumed it was a hybrid and it compliments my albino dimidiochromis as the only two white fish I own.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Jalo reef may actually be the closest fish that I have seen that matches mine. So I was in a LFS few weeks back and they had just unloaded these from a shipment into a tank. I was told that it was a dragons blood peacock. Some of the other fish in the tank had a decent amount of orange but I liked the all white look so I purchased. While the fish was in QT I started to think something wasn’t quite right. The dragons blood that I have seen in the past all had striations on the tail fin or at least some form of pattern. I also feel like it is taller than most dragons blood I see. Regardless. I like the fish, I assumed it was a hybrid and it compliments my albino dimidiochromis as the only two white fish I own.
So that confirms it. There are many hybrids on the market. I agree that it is a nice looking fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store