Would you SELL a dying fish to an unknowing buyer?

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
I've been victimized by this strategy so many times...I wonder if there are alot of people out there that is as sneaky as some sellers? SO, if you have a sickly, or dying fish, WOULD you sell it to an unknowing buyer?

For the buyer, what information do you need to know, if the fish was being purchased online? In person, at least you can see if the fish is eating, but online, all you have is the "word" of the seller. SO, buyer, how would you evade this practice?

So much money down the toilet. Most of it was my savings. Oh well...SO, would you sell a a fish you know is not eating, sick, or dying to an unknowing buyer? Like some I know, they would show a picture of a fish, but you get a different fish...the one in the picture looks nice and healthy, but the fish you get is thin, not eating, and sick.

I wouldn't because I don't want the same thing that happened to me, happen to someone else. Call it what you want, dumb, stupid, naive, or doormat, whatever. I would not do to someone I don't want done to me. WORD:thumbsup:

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

I doubt you will get a lot of "yes, I sure would" answers here. MFK and its members have pretty high ethical standards. :thumbsup:

HarleyK

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Howdy,

I doubt you will get a lot of "yes, I sure would" answers here. MFK and its members have pretty high ethical standards. :thumbsup:

HarleyK
ssshhhhh! I might get the "smart" sellers to confess!!! :lol2: just kidding. I know you are right, but I know some sellers don't really care. All they want is their money, and screw it if the guy that spends alot of money get's burned!!! I guess I am having a bad day, but not bad hair day..:lol2:

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Thats why you have to establish a good relationship with an online seller. Word of mouth
is very effective too..you have to ask the folks that have been buying for a long time and ask for their opinion.

Judging by what you posted, i think you now have a good idea on who is reliable and who isnt. But most of us have been down that road before... ive been disappointed several times in the past too.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
No I could not do that. Partly because I wouldn't want to rip someone off, and partly because I would want to try and save the fish rather than shipping it off and letting it die for some quick bucks.

I'm surprised you're saying this is a common practice to be honest. ****ers.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Not a chance.
Ive recently started selling some fish and snails and Im not reserving breeding stock just yet so I select the best I have for buyers then I stress out whether they made the trip ok and if the buyer likes them as much as I do.
But then Im not a businessman Im a fishkeeper.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
this reminds me of anthony.. and those FRT.... that ****ing liar...

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Believe me, the temptation to get that money is greater than moral issues. I just don't want it to happen to anyone else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store