Wrong address on overnight shipment

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’m so frustrated and upset!
My husband so kindly ordered koi for me over the phone. Sadly, I was looking at the invoice to find the tracking number when I noticed my street number is wrong! ?
Im completely panicking and don’t know what to do. I looked on ups’s website and can’t change it there. Their call center won’t open till 7am. UPS’s website said to contact the sender with address issues. I called the koi farm emergency line and left a message. Then I emailed them too.

What else can I do?!
I’m so worried my koi will get stuck in limbo and die????? This is my first time having fish shipped and it’s already a nightmare!?

Pterophyllum sp

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2020
* have never shipped koi*

Have shipped lots of other fish.

If they are well packaged and "fragile" fish, you are allowed to start freaking out at about hour 72 while in transit.

If they are well packaged and "tough" fish, you don't get to start being really concerned until about day 6.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob92677

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
* have never shipped koi*

Have shipped lots of other fish.

If they are well packaged and "fragile" fish, you are allowed to start freaking out at about hour 72 while in transit.

If they are well packaged and "tough" fish, you don't get to start being really concerned until about day 6.
This is my first time ordering fish and first time buying from this farm. So I’m not sure how fragile their stock is. Koi overall are hardy fish, but I swear the better they look the more fragile they are. Im so ticked that I was busy all day running around cleaning and doing yard work that I didn’t bother looking at the invoice my husband sent me. I knew the tracking wouldn’t go live till tonight, so why bother any sooner?
Ugh, this is why. If I would have looked sooner I would have caught it.
The sad thing is my husband caught that the invoice shorted us a fish. So he called about that. Now this...

I want to cry out of frustration because two numbers are switched. I’m sure it was misheard over the phone?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
I’m so frustrated and upset!
My husband so kindly ordered koi for me over the phone. Sadly, I was looking at the invoice to find the tracking number when I noticed my street number is wrong! ?
Im completely panicking and don’t know what to do. I looked on ups’s website and can’t change it there. Their call center won’t open till 7am. UPS’s website said to contact the sender with address issues. I called the koi farm emergency line and left a message. Then I emailed them too.

What else can I do?!
I’m so worried my koi will get stuck in limbo and die????? This is my first time having fish shipped and it’s already a nightmare!?
Ive done this before and, personally, I just keep track of where the shipment is on UPS's website and once its almost delivered I go to the address on the invoice and grab my package.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ive done this before and, personally, I just keep track of where the shipment is on UPS's website and once its almost delivered I go to the address on the invoice and grab my package.
I had thought about that. But there is no address that matches it. The closest I can come up with is a business in town.

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
I had thought about that. But there is no address that matches it. The closest I can come up with is a business in town.
In the case of that, I would just follow the tracker diligently and if they drop it off it should say what the address is. If not it'll just be sent back to your UPS transfer center. I might the customer service tomorrow and just get all the information you may need in that case. The transfer centers address, what time that route should return, etc. I'm sure they'll be okay I get tons of fish delivered between 3 and 4 that, in my opinion, are much more fragile than any koi. As long as he has oxygen he should be alright

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
In the case of that, I would just follow the tracker diligently and if they drop it off it should say what the address is. If not it'll just be sent back to your UPS transfer center. I might the customer service tomorrow and just get all the information you may need in that case. The transfer centers address, what time that route should return, etc. I'm sure they'll be okay I get tons of fish delivered between 3 and 4 that, in my opinion, are much more fragile than any koi. As long as he has oxygen he should be alright
Thank you. I will definitely be calling ups the moment they open to see what can be done. Heck, if they can just hold my package at the facility when it lands I’ll go get them.

Reactions: Blakewater

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Stalking the ups truck is what I would do.

Reactions: MrsE88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store