Xanthix Fire Eel

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
Just got a Xanthic Eel from my LFS. Got it for $400 USD which is pretty unreal for a 10". Was on sale from wholesaler. I will attach a video below.

Beautiful fish. Was scared he was eaten or something because I could not find him for 2 - 3 days. Moved some things around and under the last bit of cover possible, he was there hiding (put me through quite a scare).

What do you guys think? Took the fire eels currently in the tank around 5 months to noticeably eat anything, now they won't stop eating! I hope this one doesn't take as long :(

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hope it eats for you very soon. Doesn’t look thin yet and active so so it’s a good sign.

Reactions: Deadeye

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hope it eats for you very soon. Doesn’t look thin yet and active so so it’s a good sign.
Saw it sniffing around a red wiggler worm (the kind you use to fish, smaller than nightcrawler), so I am not too worried yet :)

He is a good looker though, hope I see him as much as I do as my other fire eels when he gets more comfortable in the tank.

Reactions: kno4te and Deadeye

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Cute little fella. Best of luck growing him/her out

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
Update: I will post pictures soon. No noticible increase in size, but eating very well. He is aggressive toward my fire eels like conspieces are supposed to be, however my normal fire eels are not aggressive towards him.

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
Sweet find, and you're right, that is def a steal. The only xanthic fire eels I've seen for sale were just a few inches long and were nearly $1K-- never seen them in person either

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store