Yellow labs mbuna-- holding female?

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
Sorry for the rank quality I had to zoom with a photo editor app. A few weeks ago she was holding and i saw her spit out the fry. There was only 1 and it died. How long do I wait before transferring the babies? I have 2 cuckoo catfish I'm hoping spawned. Btw her sack looks HUGE in person. At least 2x her previous spawn. The cukoos are 3" and 2". I don't think their big enough but who knows. I also have a BRISTLENOSE, 2 rubber lips, 3 total yellow labs, 1 dwarf (not clawed) frog 1 petricola and 1 datnoid(microscopic literally). Their in a 20 gallon long and water changes are performed about 4-7 times a week. Please note these fish are not full grown and are very very small. For size comparison the BRISTLENOSE is ~3 months old (~1") and he's the 3rd biggest fish in the tank. Oh and he's longfinned sooo... the water is near perfect, although a lot of cloudiness caused from my tiny black Tahitian moon sand. Probably the African cichlids their known to kick up sand I've seen it myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1332800797413.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1332800838084.jpg

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
Is this an egg? Every single one of my fish keeps coming to ghis single little spot and dating something. My bala shark and my parrot fish are chowing down what I think is eggs but the question is who? This is in a different tank from my yellow labs.

uploadfromtaptalk1332802639868.jpg

StevieD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2011
Orland Park, IL
if her throat is that large, chances are they could be free swimming and not eggs..... you could strip her, or just let nature take its course

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah kk, but the gravel pic- is it an egg???

All I see is gravel. If the egg has already fallen, there's a good chance it is too late to save it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store