You guys weren't kidding!!!......

Weylin

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2007
Inside a Bottle
Coool.... I should be a lil more careful with my had feedings... My guy (14" WAL).. eats shrimp from my hands.. He check out my fingers but made no attempt to bite it...

Atkin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
England
My lung (SAL i think) was very aggressive as a baby but is really placid and lets me handle him now

i was bitten once but that was because i didnt position my fingers correctly when feeding him

and yes having a lung can make coming up with tank decorations difficult

AncientFishArk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2017
New York
So I have heard mixed reviews on lungfish.

I just recently acquired one because the price and size. It's only a baby, not even 10 inches from tip of nose to tail.

However the mixed reviews I got on them was that are are very aggressive, then I'm told they are extremely passive and won't really attack, just ambush more a less.

Anyone have experience? Today I woke up to one of the biggest fish with it's eye ripped out and really beat up. Mind you this Bala shark is almost double the lungfish size but reason I suspect this guy is he is the newest addition to the tank.

All the others have been in the tank for a couple years and the Bala has been in there longer then that.

Obviously these types of fish are unique and things happen at the randomness type. Just trying to narrow down who and what was possible the case, not enough food that night, aggression, etc.

Give me your advice.

Ling fish is with a clown knife alitte bigger. Motoro stingray, smaller Bala, golden sharks same size, and a fire eel about the same size. The injuries baffle me because I suspect the lungfish but I can't see it being able to bite like that. And my stingray which the Bala is larger then it's disk and again the Bala and stingray have been together for about 2 years. Just werid thing unfortunately.

IMG_20200224_092042552.jpg

IMG_20200224_092021796.jpg

IMG_20200224_092015563.jpg

AncientFishArk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2017
New York
So after I posted this I decided to do a water change since I didn't do it when it was alive. I knew it wasn't going to make it. Died this morning.

I found that it must have gotten hurt like you thought. My outflow for my filter is busted. I'm gonna assume it freaked out nailed that and injured itself. Then the stingray did what we all know they do.

Thanks for suggesting that. I wouldn't have noticed until Sunday when I do the normal maintenance.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
So I have heard mixed reviews on lungfish.

I just recently acquired one because the price and size. It's only a baby, not even 10 inches from tip of nose to tail.

However the mixed reviews I got on them was that are are very aggressive, then I'm told they are extremely passive and won't really attack, just ambush more a less.

Anyone have experience? Today I woke up to one of the biggest fish with it's eye ripped out and really beat up. Mind you this Bala shark is almost double the lungfish size but reason I suspect this guy is he is the newest addition to the tank.

All the others have been in the tank for a couple years and the Bala has been in there longer then that.

Obviously these types of fish are unique and things happen at the randomness type. Just trying to narrow down who and what was possible the case, not enough food that night, aggression, etc.

Give me your advice.

Ling fish is with a clown knife alitte bigger. Motoro stingray, smaller Bala, golden sharks same size, and a fire eel about the same size. The injuries baffle me because I suspect the lungfish but I can't see it being able to bite like that. And my stingray which the Bala is larger then it's disk and again the Bala and stingray have been together for about 2 years. Just werid thing unfortunately.

View attachment 1406664

View attachment 1406665

View attachment 1406666
What type of lungfish do you have?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store