Young poly first pics :)

Hydrocyanide

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
United States
Well I guess I can change my mind. Ill do the race with you guys. Mine gonna be all natural growth though. Live, krill, bloodworm, and hikari is all I ever feed my fish.
So what's the time frame?

Sent from my MB865 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Can I join too? here is my submission

I too am eager to learn the rules for the grow out contest. also might be a good idea to make an official thread for it. and maybe each weekend the posters will update?

just an idea from a newbie here

Hydrocyanide

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
United States
That's a nice ornate!!! I'm jealous! K here are the rules. I wasn't the one that stated the race but for all that agree ... I'm going to start a post in the poly section simply called "POLYRACERS" and I loved your idea about the weekly posters. I think we should actually do it like this...
Twice a month on the 2nd and 4th saterday of each month, a picture of your poly with size reference should be posted. The race will last 6 months and continue after that by vote of racers. If that sounds good the first post will be agreements and starts from each mfk users. Look for it I'm posting it tonight.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
That's a nice ornate!!! I'm jealous! K here are the rules. I wasn't the one that stated the race but for all that agree ... I'm going to start a post in the poly section simply called "POLYRACERS" and I loved your idea about the weekly posters. I think we should actually do it like this...
Twice a month on the 2nd and 4th saterday of each month, a picture of your poly with size reference should be posted. The race will last 6 months and continue after that by vote of racers. If that sounds good the first post will be agreements and starts from each mfk users. Look for it I'm posting it tonight.

Thanks, I like how hes one of those dark "Starry night" looking ornates.

If you are willing to be in charge of th thread, might I suggest, if one of the racers forgets to post that you PM them? cause will check MFK a lot but I never actually know or remember the date lol

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
Nice, take that petco Dracaena out of the tank. You can root it in dirt or root it in water and it will strip many waste products from your tank if you grow enough.
Check it, this s my 90 with a Peace Lilly, two different varieties of Dracaena, and two different varieties of Pothos.Got a double regular t-12 above it.
Seriously though, that plant the Bichir is next to in the first pic, that one.It WILL rot and die under water over time.102_1734.JPG

102_1734.JPG

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
BTW, that is a turtle dock made out of a 360 and a diet coke bottle for the float.The vents on the top/bottom of the Xbox make great turtle ramps, their nails just go right in!No sliding!Stinkpot musk lives with a full grown eel, a pike, a FAT Raphael cat.And a NICE albino Senegal that is at least 6 years old, As are all those other residents.
Nice Ornate though man.

Hydrocyanide

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
United States
Thanks, I like how hes one of those dark "Starry night" looking ornates.

If you are willing to be in charge of th thread, might I suggest, if one of the racers forgets to post that you PM them? cause will check MFK a lot but I never actually know or remember the date lol
That's a good idea to keep up with others by PM. I'm sure however many join the post over time will forget to post.

Horiyoshi: funny you say that about those plants cause I'm starting to experience that rotting away factor. Thanks for the tip on the plants cause I'm still in research of what are the best and strongest I can use in my tank. There is quite a bit of current in there. So its inevitable they wither away. Ill end up not being able to have plants as I upgrade but with that bigger tank to house my fish comes that sump thing I want to do! In time

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Cute lil guys y'all have... Loved the way they looked when my ornates were that size... I am still crazy about them... Good luck with yours... I am a lil late for the race... too bad.... Mebbe if I get some more ornates il join in 😉
Here some pics of mine..... :)
View attachment 798998
View attachment 799001

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hydrocyanide

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
United States
The race forum is "POLYRACERS" GO!!!.
post picture and size there :)
Good looking guys you have

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice, take that petco Dracaena out of the tank. You can root it in dirt or root it in water and it will strip many waste products from your tank if you grow enough.
Check it, this s my 90 with a Peace Lilly, two different varieties of Dracaena, and two different varieties of Pothos.Got a double regular t-12 above it.
Seriously though, that plant the Bichir is next to in the first pic, that one.It WILL rot and die under water over time.View attachment 798924
lol is that an xbox 360 cover? n/m i just saw the other post.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store