Your First

elena

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Around the corner
I'm sure this subject has been approached before, but can you remember the very first fish you had?

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This is actually a funny story, but the very first fish I had were some goldfish, My sis & I had just begged our mom & dad to get us a little tank, we were 7 & 8 at the time, me being the oldest...So, we got a 10 gal tank, and a few goldfish...We had about 6 of them in there...One day we decided that the smelled funny....and we took each one out and rubbed them in with some of our mom's perfume...lol...sorry...I am laughing right now, I can just remember the look on our moms face when she walked in on us...She was really mad, beat red to be exact...and needless to say, all of the fish died...and we never were allowed to get any more fish! That, my friends is the first experience I had!
Jen :naughty:

Meniscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Goldfish. One of those fat black ones. Lasted about a week.

elena

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Around the corner
jenBLKAROWANA said:
This is actually a funny story, but the very first fish I had were some goldfish, My sis & I had just begged our mom & dad to get us a little tank, we were 7 & 8 at the time, me being the oldest...So, we got a 10 gal tank, and a few goldfish...We had about 6 of them in there...One day we decided that the smelled funny....and we took each one out and rubbed them in with some of our mom's perfume...lol...sorry...I am laughing right now, I can just remember the look on our moms face when she walked in on us...She was really mad, beat red to be exact...and needless to say, all of the fish died...and we never were allowed to get any more fish! That, my friends is the first experience I had!
Jen :naughty:

I wonder if that's something Cindy Brady would have done....LOL!

turtall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
State of Hawai'i
I remember all the fish my Mom had, and that I didn't want to have goldfish. So, bettas. I was going to breed siamese fighting fish, just like Mom did. Right their in my first apartment.
What happened to them? Well, let me tell you about my first cat......

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
turtall said:
I remember all the fish my Mom had, and that I didn't want to have goldfish. So, bettas. I was going to breed siamese fighting fish, just like Mom did. Right their in my first apartment.
What happened to them? Well, let me tell you about my first cat......
:ROFL: :cry: :ROFL:

darkemotion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
cambodia
the first fish I have ever had was a fancy goldfish my friend was moving and gave it to me and it died the first day because i put it in a milk carton...the true fish I have ever had when I bought my first 10 setup from wal-mart were oscars I always liked them because they aren't that aggressive!..

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
I was 4 years old and they were guppies and had baby guppies and I kept bugging my parents about where they came from till I got a birds and bees talk -Anne

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Bait chubs in a pail, after a week my dad bought me a 10 or 20g full of small community fish, I remember zebras, neons, guppies, an angel, a cory, and koolies.

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
My very fisrt fish was my oscar who i still with me. i have only been in the fish keeping bussiness for 8 months and ill post a pic of him for all to see :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store