Your First

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
feeder goldfish in the 3rd grade that lasted about 4 years, then i found out the hard way why tanks need covers.

Isis_Nebthet

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
IN
Goldfish won at the fair of course kept in a bowl. She lived for two or three years in her stunted existance.

Stella

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Texas
The first fish that was ALL MINE was a red betta named "Sir Tetri" (I was 10, okay? lol). He had a bowl about the size of my fist and lived maybe a year. At one point in time, he made a trip down the drain during a water change, but we managed to fish him out of the pipes and he lived for another month or so. Of course, my mom didn't get the pipes hooked back up just right, and we ended up flooding our whole apartment, but that's another story . . .

Laura

turtall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
State of Hawai'i
Isis_Nebthet said:
Goldfish won at the fair of course kept in a bowl. She lived for two or three years in her stunted existance.
I was always bringing home goldfish won at fairs and the local amusement park, but my mom kept feeding them to her oscar, saying "Keep 'em coming, Steve. You know we all have to pitch in here."
I didn't mind, as I held my ear against the glass wall of the tank... Listening... (crunch...crunch...).

viciouspisces

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Kona ,Hawaii
my very first fish and tank when i was about 9 was a 20g ,with a pleco (outlasted everything else) a bunch of neon tetras (that I hated cause they were so tiny).In that tank over a few years had a kissing gourami (that the pleco sucked the eyes out of) ,a discus (had saved my allowance forever only to have it die 2 days later),had a couple black angel fish (i didnt like them too much ,forget why).I remember going to the lfs by my aunts house and drooling over arowanas and oscars-my moms answer was always the same "No..no way..abosolutly not!" I loved that tank tho.... lol even had one of those diver bubbler guys inside.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store