Zebras in UK!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well it's official, this climate change malarky really is serious. We were out for a stroll in the countryside earlier and young Esox, who went steaming on ahead shouted, "dad, dad, there's a zebra in a field over here, come and look".

I rushed over to be sure to get a glimpse of this extremely elusive UK creature and there it was indeed, a zebra!! Lol.

Young Esox found it all highly amusing.

IMG_20210718_084437_HDR.jpg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It's not just zebras that are migrating north from Africa though, the other day I found this spider and it was fluorescent green!! I've never seen anything like it before. After a bit of research I discovered it was a green orb web spider. If this climate change carries on god knows what else will be showing up, lol.

IMG_20210709_132339.jpg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
That is a cool looking spider!
And I dig the zebra!
Whenever members are posting up pictures of exotic creatures which live in their area I always feel a bit left out because here in the uk we simply don't have what some of you guys have.

So if I can pass an horse in a fancy dress costume off as a zebra then i'll take that as a win, lol. The spider was a real surprise though.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Whenever members are posting up pictures of exotic creatures which live in their area I always feel a bit left out because here in the uk we simply don't have what some of you guys have.
You say that now, but in the 1800s you bastards ? introduced hedgehogs, stoats, ferrets, trout, deer, magpies, possums, salmon, blackbirds, sparrows, rabbits, pigs, rudd, catfish and many more because you thought the NZ wildlife was deficient compared to the UK.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
You say that now, but in the 1800s you bastards ? introduced hedgehogs, stoats, ferrets, trout, deer, magpies, possums, salmon, blackbirds, sparrows, rabbits, pigs, rudd, catfish and many more because you thought the NZ wildlife was deficient compared to the UK.
You kiwis are such an ungrateful bunch. I'm going to catch that zebra tomorrow and ship that over to you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store