6-27-2017 Rare Fish stock list

erythrinus

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2011
california
I'm glad that I was able to get a suchus while they were still available. Thing is, I've never seen it move, and it only hunts at night. What have other people been feeding them? Mine won't take insects yet, just feeders (when I'm not looking).

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm glad that I was able to get a suchus while they were still available. Thing is, I've never seen it move, and it only hunts at night. What have other people been feeding them? Mine won't take insects yet, just feeders (when I'm not looking).

View attachment 1267682

View attachment 1267683
Pardon me but I am not clear on what you meant by "while they were still available"...have they been banned from collection or export? Also,curious as to the types of insects you have been trying to get your suchus to eat and,have you tried offering it earthworms or nightcrawlers?

erythrinus

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2011
california
Pardon me but I am not clear on what you meant by "while they were still available"...have they been banned from collection or export? Also,curious as to the types of insects you have been trying to get your suchus to eat and,have you tried offering it earthworms or nightcrawlers?
I meant available for sale. They are not easy to find in my area. In fact, I've never seen them at any lfs. There are no legality issues I know of. Tried earth worms, mealworms, king mealworms, crickets, black worms and Dubia roaches (killed). All it will take are feeder fish. (guppies, goldfish and minnows).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I meant available for sale. They are not easy to find in my area. In fact, I've never seen them at any lfs. There are no legality issues I know of. Tried earth worms, mealworms, king mealworms, crickets, black worms and Dubia roaches (killed). All it will take are feeder fish. (guppies, goldfish and minnows).
Thank you for answering and explaining....and hope you can get your suchus to take other foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store