TLkmDN's World's LARGEST S.A. AROWANA!!! - 120cm (29/7/2011)

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
Hey guys, people have suggested I have the world's largest S.A. Arowana in captivity!
I challenge any of you to show me any larger than mine.
Also I would be open to any suggestions as to how I would safely measure her.

Estimated length in comparison to my 97cm Gar Fish is around 120cm

Enjoy guys :)

[YT]evEEN_q5Akk[/YT]
SORRY STILL PROCESSING GUYS! SHOULD BE DONE IN A SEC! COME BACK SOON! :)

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
I've never had an Arowana that big, but an idea would be to use bed sheets and scoop her up like that and that won't remove any scales that could happen during that process of moving her. Use it like a hammock. To be honest that's the only thing that I can think of.

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
What a beast! just goes to show that given the proper enviroment, and aorwana can become that!

P.S, i thought you quit MFK?

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
I've never had an Arowana that big, but an idea would be to use bed sheets and scoop her up like that and that won't remove any scales that could happen during that process of moving her. Use it like a hammock. To be honest that's the only thing that I can think of.
woah that sounds like a pretty cool idea...the only other thing i cud think of is a giant plastic bag....getting an arowana into either of those mediums is always pretty scary though cause they JUMP! i reckon my fish cud knock me out if she hit me in the face LOL. also i wouldn't wan a be bitten! my uncle and dad have both been bitten by this fish! drew blood!

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
What a beast! just goes to show that given the proper enviroment, and aorwana can become that!

P.S, i thought you quit MFK?
SURPRISEEE! I'm back haha. missed this place a lot! also had a few deep and meaningful convos with sum admins. changed my mind! thanks for the support!

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Beautiful Aros! :drool: You took great care of that monster! :thumbsup: If you can't find a method to measure it from outside. I think you could try to find like a yard stick (3' long) and tape a 12" ruler to it. Since your Aro is pretty tamed, it shouldn't freak out from a measuring stick, trying to get the ruler as close as possible from the top. If you could do that, that would be pretty great. Are all of your Silver Aro's bigger than 36"? :naughty: I love your massive Silver Aros, bro! :nilly::eek:

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Beautiful Aros! :drool: You took great care of that monster! :thumbsup: If you can't find a method to measure it from outside. I think you could try to find like a yard stick (3' long) and tape a 12" ruler to it. Since your Aro is pretty tamed, it shouldn't freak out from a measuring stick, trying to get the ruler as close as possible from the top. If you could do that, that would be pretty great. Are all of your Silver Aro's bigger than 36"? :naughty: I love your massive Silver Aros, bro! :nilly::eek:
hey thanks so much for the support! i think 2 of them are about 36"...the smallest one is around 28" or so. The largest one is obviously well in the 40s

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store