TLkmDN's World's LARGEST S.A. AROWANA!!! - 120cm (29/7/2011)

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
SURPRISEEE! I'm back haha. missed this place a lot! also had a few deep and meaningful convos with sum admins. changed my mind! thanks for the support!
Glad to see you back buddy! Just can't get enough of that pond!

Enmascarado

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2007
Republic of El Salvador
It is not uncommon for silvers arowanas in ponds (well fed and with perfect climate) to grow to 120cm, I've heard of them and seen them in pictures before, but that is not bad but more in your favor so your arowana is likely to measure that, but it would be in the current record let's expect a new record, that you SA is more than that, but honestly from what i see, I do not think is 120cm, it looks 110 cm at most.

Prove me i'm wrong please, cause i want to see a huge silver arowana!.

Simple for a rough idea. Measure the width of you hand. Hold it at the tip of her nose. video tape it. then extrapolate the length by cutting and pasting a line length copy of your hand down the body from a still taken from the video. and voila, you get a rough idea.

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
Simple for a rough idea. Measure the width of you hand. Hold it at the tip of her nose. video tape it. then extrapolate the length by cutting and pasting a line length copy of your hand down the body from a still taken from the video. and voila, you get a rough idea.
WOAH! that is a seriously good idea....thank u!!!

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
It is not uncommon for silvers arowanas in ponds (well fed and with perfect climate) to grow to 120cm, I've heard of them and seen them in pictures before, but that is not bad but more in your favor so your arowana is likely to measure that, but it would be in the current record let's expect a new record, that you SA is more than that, but honestly from what i see, I do not think is 120cm, it looks 110 cm at most.

Prove me i'm wrong please, cause i want to see a huge silver arowana!.
that is a fair enough assumption because u havent seen the fish in real life and u havent compared it next to another fish that i have measured (like my 97cm gar fish!). but yeh it's really hard to see from a video's perspective. hopefully i will find a way to measure him asap!

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
Veryyyy nice! Im glad to see your monsters in your pond are doing very well! I have got to say you do certainly have a hugeee Silver Arowana! Congrats and hope you find a safe way to measure her! Keep us updated!

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Veryyyy nice! Im glad to see your monsters in your pond are doing very well! I have got to say you do certainly have a hugeee Silver Arowana! Congrats and hope you find a safe way to measure her! Keep us updated!
my arapaimas have already outgrown her! crazy growth rate! thanks for the support :)

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
you have been feeding steroids to your fish ^^ Go hikari

mine are free range (fish and prawns) lol. neither as long or as fat.

PS: free range paimas are probably smaller than yours by now hahaha

PS: i have seen in Siam Paragon mall silver aros ... quite big too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store