Sep 3, 2011
Cebu , Philippines
jardini is a tank...

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Lei is nicer. More colorful and way less common. I miss my lei (jumped)... IMO my lei was way more beautiful than any of the jar's that I've kept. In color, shape, and personality... When I had the lei it made everyone that saw him jealous (especially friends with jar's)... We don't really get them around here anymore...

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
Thought I have nevered owned a Lei, I'd say so go Lei, because I have owned several Jar and have been unsucesful and keeping them in a community. It's starts out fine for a few months maybe even a year but then things change as if they are sizing up the other fish. If you want a single species in the tank, then go jar, but it you plan on different fish, liek een a silver arrownan, go Lei. And if you can be so kind as to let me know when they come, I want a Lei as well.

Aro_addict

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hawaii
Thought I have nevered owned a Lei, I'd say so go Lei, because I have owned several Jar and have been unsucesful and keeping them in a community. It's starts out fine for a few months maybe even a year but then things change as if they are sizing up the other fish. If you want a single species in the tank, then go jar, but it you plan on different fish, liek een a silver arrownan, go Lei. And if you can be so kind as to let me know when they come, I want a Lei as well.
Lei is nicer. More colorful and way less common. I miss my lei (jumped)... IMO my lei was way more beautiful than any of the jar's that I've kept. In color, shape, and personality... When I had the lei it made everyone that saw him jealous (especially friends with jar's)... We don't really get them around here anymore...
from my reliable source they may come in on december but for now we'll see. i like the lei long body but i sorta want that spoonhead from the jar. when i get it its going with cichla

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
I miss my old lei ....was one of the coolest fish I ever had and very well mannered ...I only wish I can find another one but chances are extremely slim.

ullysses

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
from my reliable source they may come in on december but for now we'll see. i like the lei long body but i sorta want that spoonhead from the jar. when i get it its going with cichla
Lei's breed in mid December
Jar's in Mid January
As told by my supplier

Im waiting to get a lei this Christmas :)

Dominator

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2008
Queens, New York
I would go lei for rarity, though jar is prettier.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store