This is a joke ... but there maybe a little truth in it..............lol

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
That's the problem with comedy today, you can't say anything because you are making fun of someone. Hell I saw a comic getting nailed to the wall for joking about a freakin animal.

All comedy offends someone, I'm open minded enough to laugh at myself.
great point... soon we won't even be able to laugh at ourselves... laughing is humor.. humor is good for the soul........

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
So now that it is explained I guest I am wrong for being mad at my kids.

OOL51

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
Australia
great point... soon we won't even be able to laugh at ourselves... laughing is humor.. humor is good for the soul........
Even down here in Aus, where we are known for taking the piss out of everyone especially ourselves, there are those that always have a whinge about it and call those that do one of the "ists" (racist, sexist, ageist, etc)

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
WOW...

Im from gen Y and i even believe however funny of a joke this is, its sadly very very true.
To all the whiners that are so offended by this, im guessing quite a few of you are gen Y, same as me...
Yes times are hard, yes things get tough, but guess what this isnt the first time things have gotten tight in this country, and people have always made it... If you are whining about being offended by this, its probably talking about you.
Ya know how people have made it through the hard times in our countrys past??? By buckin up and doing what has to be done to make it, not whining like a bunch of panzies crying about how tough things are and giving up. This lesson is something that unfortunately most of my generation failed to grasp. It is also the failure to grasp this lesson that i believe will ultimately lead to even harder times in this country as the skilled work force ages and retires and there is a lack of educated skilled laborers to take their place.
For those whining about no jobs i do feel your pain, i got laid off and went out of state to find work, and then got laid off there, now im back home working security for my apartment complex to keep a roof over my head. Ya it sucks i went from $17/hour down to free rent and $100/month (talk about life changes), but ya know its what i have to do to make it right now so its what im doing.
So to my generation and for those of you whining and crying cuz times are tough, all i can say is buck up, do what has to be done and get on with life. If my generation doesnt learn this soon i fear the tough times we have seen so far will pale in comparison to what will come.
Sorry for the rant, but it makes me sick seeing everyone whining instead of just doing what needs to be done.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
WOW...

Im from gen Y and i even believe however funny of a joke this is, its sadly very very true.
To all the whiners that are so offended by this, im guessing quite a few of you are gen Y, same as me...
Yes times are hard, yes things get tough, but guess what this isnt the first time things have gotten tight in this country, and people have always made it... If you are whining about being offended by this, its probably talking about you.
Ya know how people have made it through the hard times in our countrys past??? By buckin up and doing what has to be done to make it, not whining like a bunch of panzies crying about how tough things are and giving up. This lesson is something that unfortunately most of my generation failed to grasp. It is also the failure to grasp this lesson that i believe will ultimately lead to even harder times in this country as the skilled work force ages and retires and there is a lack of educated skilled laborers to take their place.
For those whining about no jobs i do feel your pain, i got laid off and went out of state to find work, and then got laid off there, now im back home working security for my apartment complex to keep a roof over my head. Ya it sucks i went from $17/hour down to free rent and $100/month (talk about life changes), but ya know its what i have to do to make it right now so its what im doing.
So to my generation and for those of you whining and crying cuz times are tough, all i can say is buck up, do what has to be done and get on with life. If my generation doesnt learn this soon i fear the tough times we have seen so far will pale in comparison to what will come.
Sorry for the rant, but it makes me sick seeing everyone whining instead of just doing what needs to be done.
very good rant .. you even taught me a few things.. times are tougher then they use to be... even for me.. but i feel we are still so fortunate compared to so many other countries... and when its gets tough.. you need to get tough in your thinking.. know that you are strong and willing .. and you do make a difference.. thanks for good rant.

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
Just glad i'm Gen. X (even if barely - 79) lol.... the great part is i bet even the parents in the 30's and 40's felt that their kids were lazy lay-abouts and needed to get off their @$$ and do something with their life xD

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I think 1980-2010 should be called Gen G for Gadgets. Being in the era of baby boomers we never had cell phones or ipods or Playstations. My kids have had all the gadgets growing up and cannot believe we never even had cell phones growing up. They were shocked to hear we had to pull over and find a pay phone to make a phone call LOL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store