Henlei Group Just In

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
DB, i would understand better if this was the exporters fault but it is not, so your arguement holds no ground, unless someone can prove otherwise... the rays were listed forsale on 1-9-12 which were already in shawns posession. i can tell by the blue tarps that his ponds are made out of. IMO the rays look decently healthy in the pics from 1-9-12 too. it is now over a month later when these rays were shipped out... my conclusion is they have been neglected while in shawns posession

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
DB, i would understand better if this was the exporters fault but it is not, so your arguement holds no ground, unless someone can prove otherwise... the rays were listed forsale on 1-9-12 which were already in shawns posession. i can tell by the blue tarps that his ponds are made out of. IMO the rays look decently healthy in the pics from 1-9-12 too. it is now over a month later when these rays were shipped out... my conclusion is they have been neglected while in shawns posession
Hey as long as you're sure about your dates and the fact hat these are the same rays then you're right must be neglected.......

Let's ban him.

Which arguement? The fact we as a forum can single handedly run off any vendor that tries to sell rays? Seriously, give me a name of one person selling rays that's never encountered hipbones or forehead dents. I've seen pics of skinny rays posted by all the vendors selling rays on this site. Breeders are a whole different story. Not even comparing apples to apples.

Or are you talking about the arguement that it's become a joke to post pics of rays for this site to pass judgement on?

Or the arguement that it really is nobody's business but the seller and the buyer?

Or the arguement that several of you went out of your way to crap on this guys' thread?

Maybe Shawn should just burn in hell cause he's got a bunch of rays and not everyone of them look like our pets.

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
I stand corrected. There is a clique here. It largely consists of the people within driving distance of their preferred vendor, who get to pick fish in person rather than opening a box at an airport and who are willing to call an apple an orange if it means they keep the channel open for future purchases.

The people outside this clique, who are apparently all members of some other clique, are actually looking out for other hobbyists by being honest and calling a spade a spade.

I do agree this discussion doesn't belong here, someone should start a thread in the main stingray forum titled "it is/isn't OK to import/sell starving/emaciated rays - discuss". If nobody else can be bothered I'll do it later.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Hey as long as you're sure about your dates and the fact hat these are the same rays then you're right must be neglected.......

Let's ban him.

Which arguement? The fact we as a forum can single handedly run off any vendor that tries to sell rays? Seriously, give me a name of one person selling rays that's never encountered hipbones or forehead dents. I've seen pics of skinny rays posted by all the vendors selling rays on this site. Breeders are a whole different story. Not even comparing apples to apples.

Or are you talking about the arguement that it's become a joke to post pics of rays for this site to pass judgement on?

Or the arguement that it really is nobody's business but the seller and the buyer?

Or the arguement that several of you went out of your way to crap on this guys' thread?

Maybe Shawn should just burn in hell cause he's got a bunch of rays and not everyone of them look like our pets.

im only trying to make one point and i dont even need to type it

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston

Let's ban him.

it's one thing to post skinny rays for sale as is but it's another to post healthy rays and then shipped out ones with hip bones show and dented foreheads. What shawn did was not morally correct. Even the buyer acknowledge that he wasn't expecting to received those rays in that kind of condition.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
You know what? **** it.

I tried to get him back on MFK and it's completely obvious that was a mistake.

Thought this community could use a reliable source for rays. Obviously there's much better places to buy them, not sure where cause I've tried almost all of them, but that's irrelevant.

This is all so funny and ironic at the same time. You people sit here and wonder why we don't get crap for fish here, take a look at 12 pages why.

The vendors out there bringing in all the good stuff avoid places like this like the plague. Why? Cause keyboard commandos make poor clientelle. Everyone talks crap and the good experiences are quickly forgotten.

If you guys want to run off all the vendors and buy rays from our local captive breeders then that's great. But if you think down the road a few years what happens when you want something nobody's breeding? Gonna hope in one hand while the other fills with crap? Nope, your just gonna be SOL.

Keeping rays is an evolution. Nobody hits the ground running, if they do they still have to figure out how to pick themselves up after they fall. Some people here don't even keep rays, they just like to bless us all with thier meaningless verbal diarhea. Others see threads like this as a big advertisement to buy CB over WC. Some of us see just how little faith we have in ourselves as raykeepers. Many of us aren't gonna shy away from a ray we want just cause we have to do a little extra work, while others think that having to do this extra work is grounds for having a vendor booted.

A few years ago ( what I like to refer to as the Nic era) good advise was offered by the shoveload. Now that shovel is good for nothing but whacking people over the head with. It's hard to get good advise anymore. Why? People leave. And drama/bs just like this thread are the reason why.

I usually enjoy MFK but even I find myself questioning why, probobly the same reason I hated highschool.

How bout everyone but Shawn squeezes in here for a big group hug...... Then we can go on a lynchin....... My only question is where will the lynchin stop?

Ray5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2012
Basement of Rays
I HAVE ASKED TIME AND TIME AGAIN I GUESS PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT I WRITE I MUST BE TYPING IN A BC LANGUAGE ! IF THE MODS OR A MOD SOMEBODY PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD ITS DONE THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR BURNING UP MY THREAD MY FIRST BIGGEST THREAD ON HERE I CANT BELIEVE I JOINED A GROUP THAT HAS SO MUCH BS TO SAY . RELAX WE ARE HERE TODAY AND GONE TOMORROW GEEZ I TO DIDNT LIKE THE WAY THEY CAME IN BUT ITS WEIRD HOW THEY ARE PUTTING WEIGHT ON SO QUICKLY I ALSO REMOVED THE SAND FROM THE TANK AND ROCKS AND GUESS WHAT ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS EAT NOW . MALE IS ACTIVE PUTTING BACK WEIGHT AND EVEN THE BUMPS IN THEIR HEADS ARE STARTING TO FILL UP. ONCE AGAIN PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD I DIDNT START THIS TO HAVE EVERYONE USING IT AS A STOMPING GROUND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store