Best fish to breed and make money

Big.bucknc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
Charlotte NC
You could try zebra plecos, (L46, L98, L173). They can go for up to $200, and seem to be in somewhat of demand from what I've seen. Nice looking fish and they don't get very big. A friend and I had thought about trying it.Zebra.jpgL46.jpg

Zebra.jpg

L46.jpg

Reactions: Jason_S

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
How about breeding feeder fish. Price per fish is low but volume is high. If your friend can keep a good supply of healthy feeder fish coming consistently on the market he can sell as many as he can breed. That was a problem when I had gars.

Reactions: Lady Sphinx

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
You could try zebra plecos, (L46, L98, L173). They can go for up to $200, and seem to be in somewhat of demand from what I've seen. Nice looking fish and they don't get very big. A friend and I had thought about trying it.View attachment 930954View attachment 930955
I've heard they don't breed in captivity.

You could try high quality koi. You wouldn't even need a heater which would help keep your overhead low and they spawn an incredible amount of fry.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

Big.bucknc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
Charlotte NC
[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/23kZnWQOUM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

I hope that link works. Zebras do breed in captivity.

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/23kZnWQOUM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

I hope that link works. Zebras do breed in captivity.
Thanks for the knowledge. I'm wondering where I heard that now.
PS the link didn't work for me.

monsterfishdude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2013
Canada
i got koi :D
but there not that high quality

and doesnt mean you breed show quality or high quality koi your gonna get all high quality or show koi your gonna have to cull them alot

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I've heard they don't breed in captivity.

You could try high quality koi. You wouldn't even need a heater which would help keep your overhead low and they spawn an incredible amount of fry.

Any koi is going to need an enourmous tank or most typically a pond. So id say this is a great idea, if you have a 1000+ gallon tank. If not some smaller fish would be great. But high quality koi have an insane amount of babies and they sell for normally over $10 depending on size and quality. You can make a living off of koi lol. You just gotta get the right ones ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store