Blue Festae???

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
anyone ever seen a blue color morph festae??? I saw a pair at the LFS today, and couldn't get a pic. But never heard of such a thing before.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Traditionally festae males were green ... under actinic lights they might appear blue. That's about the only thing I can think of.

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
idk. the lights were standard t8 bulb warm white, the fish seemed blue not green. the owner showed me a book with them in it labeled as Nandopsis Festae "blue" collected from Ecuador

Blue Jaguar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
whittier, ca
My experience has shown that they get that offset bluegreen flower on the base of the tail. I am not sure if these are pure festae but I picked up some at the LFS like the one pictured. Males tend to look blue-green.

festae.jpg

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
My experience has shown that they get that offset bluegreen flower on the base of the tail. I am not sure if these are pure festae but I picked up some at the LFS like the one pictured. Males tend to look blue-green.
they seem almost teal in color its really weird. i'll have to snap a pic

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Yes if you can please post a photo. Video would be even better!
would love to see this.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I've seen varying degrees of blueish/greenish hues on the few I've kept, but have never seen or heard of a "blue morph". Sounds like LFS marketing to me.

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store