Blue Festae???

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
I have seen festae with blue bars and markings instead of black. Seems like they were labeled as blue variant festae. I'll see if I can hunt down a pic or vid.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bomillyiam

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
Dat Boot!
No such thing as a blue morph. Grade A Festae bars can vary between black, green, turquois at any given time based on environment and stressors. This is normal mostly with females. The base color can vary as well depending on mood. Last 2 pics are the same fish. They all will get black barring when paired for breeding. See pic 4.
Adam Gurl.jpgbloody.jpgCrimson.jpgF0 (5).jpgF0 TR.jpg

Adam Gurl.jpg

bloody.jpg

Crimson.jpg

F0 (5).jpg

F0 TR.jpg

castro1212

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
metairie louisiana
I think I know what you are talking about. A while back I posted a thread about a festae that was teal or blue in color and I thought it was a different strain or something but it was just stressed I guess at the lfs

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
idk. the lights were standard t8 bulb warm white, the fish seemed blue not green. the owner showed me a book with them in it labeled as Nandopsis Festae "blue" collected from Ecuador
Never heard of a blue festae. Was it a legitimate book or are we talking about a binder with printouts? Because I can print you false profiles all day long that will seem real to anyone who doesn't know the difference. It's a shady tactic that many LFSs use to either help move fish out the door while fattening their wallets or label fish they honestly have no clue about. Those are the types of things I am very cautious about with LFSs and if they happen too often, I stop going to such stores.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Maybe the fish are stressed out as a previous poster noted.

I've had a sick 6-7" male festae that only showed the blue spangling and none of the orange body color. Most of his body was covered in the blue spangling so he looked like he was teal in color.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I'm with Bomilllyiam. They can completely change color at the drop of a dime. My female stayed blue barred for a long time depending on mood (stress).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store