Good quality bp vs bad quality bp...

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
What are you trying to say? Coming across pretty ignorant. If that is what you have to bring to the table- your pretty weak bro. You knew it was by the way you started...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Lol right. He sure is a character on here(mfk)... But he's entitled to his opinion. An opinion without reason is just as irrelevant as the opinion stated... Like you said it brought nothing to the table. Thanks for the bump guy...

www.youtube.com/crushalot329

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
i have 2 bloodparrot's and their mouths don't shut .. I am not a fan of the look ,but my flower horn looks at this as an opportunity lol hoping they work it out and make a nest of babies soon

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
i have 2 bloodparrot's and their mouths don't shut .. I am not a fan of the look ,but my flower horn looks at this as an opportunity lol hoping they work it out and make a nest of babies soon
Share some pictures. Yea we "breeders" usually want a closing mouth, but as Butthorn mentioned even when breeding with a bp mouth is crooked it doesn't effect what it produces.

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
Share some pictures. Yea we "breeders" usually want a closing mouth, but as Butthorn mentioned even when breeding with a bp mouth is crooked it doesn't effect what it produces.

I breed fh and i prefer the crooked mouth because they cant hurt my flowerhorn unlike the normal mouth.
But thats just me because i wouldnt want a masterpiece loosing an eye or something.

Id personally go for fins and color.
Color is tricky because they can change color depending on their mood/envirnment

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
I breed fh and i prefer the crooked mouth because they cant hurt my flowerhorn unlike the normal mouth.
But thats just me because i wouldnt want a masterpiece loosing an eye or something.

Id personally go for fins and color.
Color is tricky because they can change color depending on their mood/envirnment

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Oh I didn't even think if that... I guess me not ever having a MP would be the reason. Lol

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
Here is the flower horn ,and the blood parrot ,or parrot fish.. the fh i adopted from a bad situation his tail was rotted away from fin rot ,and it has been growing back slowly. i am a sucker for hurt or sick fish that people just want to throw away :) i am sure it is a male as i have seen the vent not an egg laying type lol

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
Here is the flower horn ,and the blood parrot ,or parrot fish.. the fh i adopted from a bad situation his tail was rotted away from fin rot ,and it has been growing back slowly. i am a sucker for hurt or sick fish that people just want to throw away :) i am sure it is a male as i have seen the vent not an egg laying type lol
Nice save on the flowerhorn. It looks as if it is starting to fade.
That bp's beak is top notch:D but i'm not a fan of that look. Apparently ones with that look get a higher grade. Then you stated their mouths don't shut. So you must have high grade bp's. Nice finds... Do they also have the heart shaped mouth?

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
Nice save on the flowerhorn. It looks as if it is starting to fade.
That bp's beak is top notch:D but i'm not a fan of that look. Apparently ones with that look get a higher grade. Then you stated their mouths don't shut. So you must have high grade bp's. Nice finds... Do they also have the heart shaped mouth?

yes they do i just don't like that look lol .. the flower horn had almost no tail when i got him. they had 1 other one also that was starting with the fin rot ,but i treated that one super fast so it is just a matter of time.. the blue one i have i think the growth might be stunted.. it is 7 months old and it is 4 " long maybe.. but she is pretty blue with nice red eyes .. she also got beat up by a large fh where she was kept so her upper lip is damaged i will try to get a pic for ya to see

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
I've seen some super red/vibrant juveniles at the stores, but most adults I have seen look a dull orange. Does the intense coloration fade with age?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store