Good quality bp vs bad quality bp...

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
U want a richer red color?
But I dont want that. I want my Parrot to be white.
Body shape is the same thing. U want big head big fan tail.. right? Me too.

some dislike triangle mouths and look for normal mouths.
Some GET the Parrot because of their Perfect The Triangle Mouth, because that cute smile on the fish is what they look for first. Triangle mouth is a Parrot's signature.

Seems to me FH breeders/hobbyists like their parrots red like a parrot and body like a perfect kamfa. = Red Monkey
Right... We all have personal preferences that might not be the same but what determines the low or high quality rating that people keep giving these bp?

Yeah Animalguy... I would love to have a white bp that looks like a female amph I have. If she was male I probably would have tried creating some by now(all because of personal preference). I'll find her something... But yea a bp with this coloration would be very nice.

www.youtube.com/crushalot329

uploadfromtaptalk1394147309020.jpg

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
So to sum up what has been brought to the table... Butthorn stated that he was told the kkp and mammon get graded by their richer color and perfect mouths. I'm not to familiar with kkp and mammon, but I know when a bp is in a tank with driftwood its color will be deeper/richer than one in a tank without. So the color grade would be tough unless they are obviously yellow. Another issue is the mouth... One could see the open heart mouth as perfect while others see a closing mouth as perfect.
So I'm basically back to square one. It must just be a persons personal preferences or there is no grade for bp and people just keep giving irrelevant grades to these fish...

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
Chrisplosion did a " parrot Cichlid info sheet " thread. That broke down the types & differences pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
My bad... Chrisplosion did break this down very well. I just responded to your post before looking at the sticky again.
Well he says the ones with closed mouths and no notch are low quality. Well I guess most of us breeders would prefer low quality body shape huh? It is all about preference.

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
That's a nice looking parrot. Fit for any breeding project!

Thank you! I have had her a little under a year and with 5 spawns under her belt she has not had 1 fry... Thanks to my sterile ass hybrids! Lol 3 spawns with the first guy and 2 with the second one. I still think the second will fade but I don't care and it don't matter because he is sterile! Lol But yea its one of them situations to where I'm like how many tries do you need(if fertile)? Lol But as of now she is with the fader about to have another sterile batch...

uploadfromtaptalk1394295553477.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394295605462.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394295787658.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394295920709.jpg

Butthorn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2012
Philly
Thank you! I have had her a little under a year and with 5 spawns under her belt she has not had 1 fry... Thanks to my sterile ass hybrids! Lol 3 spawns with the first guy and 2 with the second one. I still think the second will fade but I don't care and it don't matter because he is sterile! Lol But yea its one of them situations to where I'm like how many tries do you need(if fertile)? Lol But as of now she is with the fader about to have another sterile batch...

Hopefully it works out this time.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
No bad intention to get anyone or u :nilly: but good that those failed RTs are sterile for U. You would have wasted more time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store