Michigan
I want fry from the pair if it happens!

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
Amen!
Id personaly breed with an outstanding fader.
But id like to wish you good luck

Your male is a beast btw

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CrazyCichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Manahawkin, NJ
video or it didnt happen. What you see and think on your own may not be the actual truth. You have the fish we got 2 pics.

Or
this is how it's done. click link
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?574454-Female-Fader

99.9% vs 00.1% :ROFL:

Good luck and have fun.
Well I vented this fish once and I am not about to stress her by doing it again. The reality is I could have gotten it wrong and it could be a male but either way I'm not really concerned about it. Today is only day three that she has been in my tank. She is now fully trusting me as she approaches the glass as I walk up to the tank and she is now starting to eat the Hikari pellets I give to her. A few people have mentioned posting a video of the two of them, and that made me realize that I haven't even filmed them yet….lol….I will get to that soon.

CrazyCichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Manahawkin, NJ
Thanks Source310, Calibigrob, and others for your kind words. I love the male I have. I got him at 3.5 inches on November 24th and he is now between 7-8 inches. He has grown at an incredible speed with just Hikari foods and lots of water changes. Today has started off great. I got up to get a glass of water and the Viper started swimming and following me. I came back past the tank and she came darting out to follow me again. I through some pellets in the tank and she instantly gobbled them up. Today is day 4 of her being in my tank, and she is really settling in. My new concern now is that my male is like a bull in heat and has actually given himself small injuries trying to get to her. I know this is just another reason that many people have FH in bare bottom tanks. She just stands her ground, on the other side of their divider of course, and twiches and watches him, then she goes and starts digging pits.

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
Great males ready.

Keeps feeding the female sparingly threw out the days until the day she is no longer interested in the pellets nd she should drop a tube

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CrazyCichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Manahawkin, NJ
Tonight I realized that this area that the Viper "female" keeps digging at is actually a big piece of slate that is behind the flower pot base I put in there for her. I had actually forgotten how much slate I had buried under the gravel in this tank but this female is digging it up and shaking and twitching on top of it. All sighs are pointing to female with this fish still so fingers crossed on a successful pairing. Don't worry I will update this thread as often as people are still showing interest in it. Here are some shots of the female tonight, in the few minutes she takes her attention away from digging and clearing the slate.

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store