Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Looks like she has her breeding dress on

CrazyCichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Manahawkin, NJ
Yeah each day she gets a little darker. Unfortunately they have not "paired" yet because my wife called me all frantic while I was at work and was saying, "they are both on the same side of the tank, and at first they were just sitting side by side and twitching and then the King Kamfa just snapped and started chasing the Viper around the tank!!!" Thank god my amazing wife acted quickly and netted the female and put her back on her side. The Viper had a few tears in her fins and my male King Kamfa had a few scratches on his kok. My wife, being familiar with cichlid breeding behavior said at first when she looked over at the tank and saw them sitting side by side she said it looked like they had "paired" and all looked good. Then the male just snapped. They are both healing well from there little encounter, and the female is back to digging pits and turing more dark in color each day. I really hope these two will form a pair. All experience and advise is welcome.

Riftraft

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2012
Upstate NY
I have my doubts that's a female. For your sake I hope it is. Thai breeders don't let many nice ones like that slip into the US like her. As for your male, I'm not too sure how fertile he will be as he looks to be F2 which are extremely low chance of fertility. Can I ask what breeder you bought her from? Anyways good luck with your project.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CrazyCichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Manahawkin, NJ
I bought this "Viper female" from an Asian Gentleman in south jersey who spoke maybe 30 words of english. He had communication with Chonburiman Suriyum and ordered a female. I honestly believe that the Thailand breeders would send a nice female to one of there "fellow countrymen" here in the US. My male is F1 from a Red Dragon female and King Kamfa male. This whole project is, in many ways, a big experiment with several unknown factors. Either way its all part of the journey and I am excited to be a part of it.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Awesome pair and good luck!

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
I bought this "Viper female" from an Asian Gentleman in south jersey who spoke maybe 30 words of english. He had communication with Chonburiman Suriyum and ordered a female. I honestly believe that the Thailand breeders would send a nice female to one of there "fellow countrymen" here in the US. My male is F1 from a Red Dragon female and King Kamfa male. This whole project is, in many ways, a big experiment with several unknown factors. Either way its all part of the journey and I am excited to be a part of it.

GL I hope tat's a female that would be sick. Mutiply.

dam but from what's presented, Im doubtful it's a female

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
Keep hope up man :D they all saying no nice female ever slip to US but anything is possible after all people sell anything for money :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store