What to put in a 180?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I think we might be talking about 2 different "perch" fish :D
Is this it?
That's a european redfin perch (Perca fluviliatis). The american yellowfin perch (perca flavescens) has yellow fins (obviously) and stays smaller, but is otherwise the same.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Ive caught plenty of 14-16'' yellow perch. There awesome looking fish.

I say get a small group of Cichla Kelberi

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I wouldn't do SMB because of the aggression issues. White bass will do better in groups than solo white bass, so no I wouldn't do white bass. Yellow bullhead have fast growth rates so I will add him to your stock later to prevents eating other tankmates.

You can find some populations of drum that won't grow big as their average size would be between 13-15" in these populations. Their growth rate is very slow and any drum over 20" is very old fish.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I wouldn't do SMB because of the aggression issues. White bass will do better in groups than solo white bass, so no I wouldn't do white bass. Yellow bullhead have fast growth rates so I will add him to your stock later to prevents eating other tankmates.

You can find some populations of drum that won't grow big as their average size would be between 13-15" in these populations. Their growth rate is very slow and any drum over 20" is very old fish.
I might risk it with the SMB but we'll see in time. Alright so a drum would be better than a white bass then, good to know. Other than hat am I good, not overstocked or anything?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I might risk it with the SMB but we'll see in time. Alright so a drum would be better than a white bass then, good to know. Other than hat am I good, not overstocked or anything?
Honestly I would forget SMB, they are not community fish and they are more likely will killing their tankmates unless you want a solo fish. He will kill your pleco as well.

I don't think you are overstocked.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Honestly I would forget SMB, they are not community fish and they are more likely will killing their tankmates unless you want a solo fish. He will kill your pleco as well.

I don't think you are overstocked.
alright then I'll forget the SMB. What would you recommend in it's place? I'm looking for something decently large (but won't outgrow a 180) that has an outgoing personality and won't murder the rest of the fish.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Warmouth.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Maybe make it a south american biotope with a huge shoal of cory cats, some kind if pim, a school of tetras, less aggressive cichlids, ect.
Personally what I'd do is put a stingray and some angelfish and a large amount of schooling fish or a large pair of ca or sa cichlids like umbees.
I like this idea, with the corydoras, but a potamotrygon, would outgrow, smallest species needs 30" width, atleast, that's what I've read, and heard.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store