Mahi Mahi in a tank.. LOL WHAT??

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Cool fish, but I would bet it doesn't live long enough for it to be donated to Texas State. Even if it does, it won't live long there. I know several very 'expert' level people with very large budgets that haven't been able to keep dolphin like this.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Too cool !!

fishingaddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
houston, texas
Cool fish, but I would bet it doesn't live long enough for it to be donated to Texas State. Even if it does, it won't live long there. I know several very 'expert' level people with very large budgets that haven't been able to keep dolphin like this.
I agree, even in the wild I think their lifespan is relatively short

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Very cool! Catch these guys all the time in the Keys. Dont see this working out. They are a pelagic fish that swims great distances one was tracked swimming from the Keys to Virginia Beach in two weeks. Ohh and the fact that they can grow to 4 feet in one year insane.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I don't know about the other fish you have listed but the only great white sharks kept alive in captivity are only young juveniles kept for a few days to observe and tag! All adults have died in captivity! The longest to live was a female for 44 days in a 1 million gallon tank at Mantaray Bay she was feeding ok they thought but after they released her she died a week later! Open range fish do not do well in captivity. Researchers are to believe these large fish need the water pressure of the ocean to survive.
Here are some captive whale sharks - Largest fish in the world... They will probably need a pond soon, lol

[video=youtube;u7deClndzQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7deClndzQw[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store