Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Not here.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I kinda have the same problem. New house is a tri-level with no sump. In order to run a drain, I will have to go up and over a doorway or two. My only other option is drilling through the wall to the garage and I'm not sure if I'm ready to do that just yet as I may be remodeling the garage.

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
I drain into 120' of pvc pipe run around my fishroom behind the tanks and then into a sump crock basin i put in. The sump pump shoots 8' up and out into my front yard. I flood the basement floor a bit when the power goes out but battery backup or generator will keep u dry in an outage. Also need to consider where ur shooting the dirty water out at. I pump 20 gal an hour 24/7 onto my front lawn through a series of small ponds and french drains to disapate the dirty water and the yard is still a muddy mess lol...working on that now after a year of flooding the place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
What's a sump crock basin? Man I'm willing to do some crazy things it's just at this point I'm killing a lot of time doing water changes and I've moved my hen lie pair to my bro in laws 500 gal that has a drip setup til I can do something for my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Based on my experience with other HOB style drip overflows this should make up for every weakness or failure I have had to date. This system will not allow the air pocket to build up in the overflow line.

If it can keep up with 8 GPH then it's a success and we have a new blue print to share for folks who run sumps they cant drill.
What ever came of this?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
My only option is to drill a hole in the wall to the outside. Which is going to be a problem in the winter. Ice rink.

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
My only option is to drill a hole in the wall to the outside. Which is going to be a problem in the winter. Ice rink.
Dig a small trench, fill with gravel and drain into it from your drip, I had to do the same thing at my house, works like a champ

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
What's a sump crock basin? Man I'm willing to do some crazy things it's just at this point I'm killing a lot of time doing water changes and I've moved my hen lie pair to my bro in laws 500 gal that has a drip setup til I can do something for my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Sump crock basin...is basically a 30-40gal barrel u dig into the floor of ur basement usually for footer drains or too remove water from underneath ur house via a sump pump...ill get some pics when i get home tonight of mine. There sold fairly cheap at any hardware store. Sump pump or any pump that runs off a float valve is what u need. The crock fills up to a certain level, triggers the pump and removes the water to wherever u want. U could use the same setup with a 55 gal barrel not buried in the ground with a sump pump/float and ur good to go. Mine runs through 20-30' of 1.5" pvc before it goes through the wall and has no problem removing the water up 8' on top of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Dig a small trench, fill with gravel and drain into it from your drip, I had to do the same thing at my house, works like a champ

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
LOL...... that will fill in a week at 1000 gallons a week. It's a little more than a drip you might say.

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
LOL...... that will fill in a week at 1000 gallons a week. It's a little more than a drip you might say.
In my fish room I have all drip drain lines going to a single 45gl tub with a float switch that activates a pump, I hard lined the plumbing from the pump to a 22ft planter box, I drilled holes in the 1/2in PVC all the way down. Being in AZ the water dose not stay around long

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
In my fish room I have all drip drain lines going to a single 45gl tub with a float switch that activates a pump, I hard lined the plumbing from the pump to a 22ft planter box, I drilled holes in the 1/2in PVC all the way down. Being in AZ the water dose not stay around long

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Sounds like a good system . Fresh water to your fish, fishy water to your plants! Going to water the plants anyway so it was a free water change for the fish. When people ask how much it cost in water for my trickle system I like to say zero. I was watering the bushes In my yard anyway...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I am considering setting up a drip system. acoording to my water company our water has 1.01 ppm of chlorine. Would I require a carbon filter at that level or will it gas out as it drips?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store