Dithering!!!!!

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
If an expert such as Richard has confirmed the suitability of your set up then i would say go for it. I have seen rays and puffers together before but it is always down to the individual fish as to whether they get along or not. Keep a close eye on things.
This is exactly what I told Debbie Jim.

All large fish have their individual personalities, MBU's are no different, the problem is if a Puffer of any species decides to take a bite at a ray or any other fish for that matter the consequences can be catastrophic!! The beaks of puffers are hard enamel very much like our own. I have pointed this out to Debbie and she assures me this particular Puffer has never shown interest in any other tank mates in all the time she has had it, "I personally wouldn't risk it and I told her so". I also told her many have successfully kept MBU's and Rays together, DB Junkie for example, and that she needs to keep a very close eye on things, I recommended the partition for a while to allow them to become accustomed to one another.
There are always horror stories with many combinations but in my experience I have found that few fish will attack a Stingray, they just seem to know its not a good idea.
Debbie keeps all sorts of Animals and seems a very sensible lady that cares so much for her animals and fish, I feel the ray is in good hands, she is meticulous with her water quality, something so many fail with, more rays die due to ignorance and basic husbandry than other fish actually killing them, that's a fact.

I wish you all the best Debbie.

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
Thank you very much. Splat broke out of his side for a while tonight, so I spent the night with my nose on the glass watching all was ok. He's nosey little man!!!. The Perspex and splat are now back 'in safety zone' and very locked into their space! Kimbu put himself to bed as usual at 8.30pm........ We can all have a good safe nights sleep! Xx

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
24 hours in......hes happy....hes ate his steak and chips...hes a busy little bee and so very elegant when he swims.....and so funny when he pounces on his food. A happy little splat!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Thank you very much. Splat broke out of his side for a while tonight, so I spent the night with my nose on the glass watching all was ok. He's nosey little man!!!. The Perspex and splat are now back 'in safety zone' and very locked into their space! Kimbu put himself to bed as usual at 8.30pm........ We can all have a good safe nights sleep! Xx
I don't mean to put a downer on this

But you say the puffer put it's self to bed by this I take it you mean it went to sleep in the corner
If this is the case it maybe ok now but I can say this will probably be ok now but as the ray grows when the puffer is resting in the corner at night the ray will start jumping on the puffer even biting it after sometime the puffer will just say enough is enough

Please keep us updated as I can't see this working longer than 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
Why on earth would I keep you updated if you are so very negative?! Is this because you want me to fail, in order for you to be able to say ' I told you so'...? I will in future stay in touch with aquaman45. If, I am the slightest bit concerned splat will go straight back to him. Thank you everyone for your constructive help. Not sure if I'm bothered about revisiting this site however.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Why on earth would I keep you updated if you are so very negative?! Is this because you want me to fail, in order for you to be able to say ' I told you so'...? I will in future stay in touch with aquaman45. If, I am the slightest bit concerned splat will go straight back to him. Thank you everyone for your constructive help. Not sure if I'm bothered about revisiting this site however.
Not trying to make you fail I hope it does work it's just not a risk I would take

If you can cut down risk when keeping rays surely it's best to cut out as many risks you can

I done the same with Fly River turtles I done my reading first asked loads of ?s and I got the same replays your getting that chances are it may not work but I gave it a go anyway which was a bad mistake

Just out of interest how big is the puffer

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
It's now 28th September. Splat continues to grow. He loves playing in bubbles and turning their house upside down! He eats well, and perhaps aquaman45 would say he is a little overweight! However, he's very busy most of the time, so I'm not overly worried. Kimbu continues to grow also. Both fish are beautiful and bright and healthy. I just wish I knew how to use this site properly to show everyone with photos!! Water changes are half a tank fortnightly. Plenty of air. Lights go on for around 11 /12 hours a day. Although, to be fair it's a good bright room, so if it's going to be less, I'm not worried as I just pull the blinds up at the front windows!! Kimbu was always my main love, however, splat has crept up on me in the love stakes and I'm very, very fond of him. If anyone is thinking about a ray, do it! if and when anything happens to kimbu I will defiantly have another ray. They are amazing friends to have in the living room and sit next to! Better than the telly!! So 6 months down the line........I don't regret one minute of bringing him home. Thanks aquaman45. For your help, and your belief, and trust that I could keep one of your babies safe. X

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store