Dithering!!!!!

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Keep up the good work Debbie!! Try saving your pics on a folder on your desktop... then locate the pics via the 'insert image' tab... it's the 3rd tab next to the smiley tab that's on the top bar when you are replying. From there a tab will appear, click on left tab 'from computer', then click on bottom tab 'select files' search and upload away!! Hope this helps and hope to see pics of your setup. I have a 65cm Mbu who is fish friendly as well but I'm too 'chicken' to house him with a ray. Congrats on your success!!

20140405_232939.jpg

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
The best way to load a video on this site is to rip it from your youtube page. First upload the video you want on youtube, then use the 'insert a video' tab located next to 'insert image' and copy and paste the youtube link.
[video=youtube;kLY9DYdIME0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLY9DYdIME0[/video]

JR1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2007
cornwall england
I wish you all the luck with both of them! but i have kept rays for years and breed them and i would not have put them together!
how many ray keepers do you see with a mbu in the tank?
best of luck with them, you never know!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
It's now 28th September. Splat continues to grow. He loves playing in bubbles and turning their house upside down! He eats well, and perhaps aquaman45 would say he is a little overweight! However, he's very busy most of the time, so I'm not overly worried. Kimbu continues to grow also. Both fish are beautiful and bright and healthy. I just wish I knew how to use this site properly to show everyone with photos!! Water changes are half a tank fortnightly. Plenty of air. Lights go on for around 11 /12 hours a day. Although, to be fair it's a good bright room, so if it's going to be less, I'm not worried as I just pull the blinds up at the front windows!! Kimbu was always my main love, however, splat has crept up on me in the love stakes and I'm very, very fond of him. If anyone is thinking about a ray, do it! if and when anything happens to kimbu I will defiantly have another ray. They are amazing friends to have in the living room and sit next to! Better than the telly!! So 6 months down the line........I don't regret one minute of bringing him home. Thanks aquaman45. For your help, and your belief, and trust that I could keep one of your babies safe. X
How big is the Ray now ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
Thank you everyone. I work in old money....so kimbu is 17" and splat must be perhaps 8" (guessed) They are amazing I must say, love em both to bits! I will try with the photos, but cannot promise much!!!

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
The best way to load a video on this site is to rip it from your youtube page. First upload the video you want on youtube, then use the 'insert a video' tab located next to 'insert image' and copy and paste the youtube link.
[video=youtube;kLY9DYdIME0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLY9DYdIME0[/video]

wow what a lovely tank. What's 65cm in inches? Is your tank a room divider? It's really lovely.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Hi Debbie,

Great to see things are still going well for you. Its not a combination I would recommend usually, however I trusted your judgment on this particular Puffer and it seems I was right to do so...certainly so far, really pleased for you!

Vincent, your tank and its occupants is truly fantastic! I'm particularly loving your wide bar Myleus. In all fairness all the fish look so healthy and happy.
This hobby is not black and white, that large Flyriver Turtle for instance could not only take chunks out of the larger fish such as the MBU but could literally swallow half of them whole! I have kept many Flyriver Turtles myself, some were fine with fish other were not.

Its a case of being extremely cautious, feeding all the inhabitants well, providing adequate space and not forgetting that the system needs adequate amounts of bio media and flow to cope with the heavy feeding regime. Animals and fish can be just like us in some ways, if they are getting their food served on a plate at specific times then why go hunting and chasing it around, doesn't work with all predators as some kill more than they can eat just for fun, but as we see so many times, people getting away with combinations that really shouldn't be working.

At the end of the day its always a risk!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store